The Bible...

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

WhOaMi?
Loyal

The Bible...

Post by WhOaMi? » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:46 pm

I believe in a god, one god, but i dont believe the bible...there is no way alot of that stuff could have been true....and idk....they all just seem so fake.....what do you guys/girls think about the bible?

Beautiful
Veteran

Re: The Bible...

Post by Beautiful » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:46 pm

I think that the bible is based on stuff that happened 2000 years ago, if it was written now, it would be completley diffrent.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)

Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:00 pm

I believe in G-d. I only believe in the parts written in Red. The rest was based on people I don't really need to listen to.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:15 pm

I believe in the Toa
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin

goodmorning
Loyal

Post by goodmorning » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:32 pm

I believe in God, definitely, and I also believe the Bible. A pastor or someone once told me, "If one part of the Bible is a lie, then it's all a lie," and he means that the entire Bible is real. God wouldn't tell people to write fake stuff.

God bless. :)
your name is the splinter inside me

while i wait.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:01 am

i dont' believe in either (god/bible)

gods were invented to explain the unknown...

i believe in science - science is my god :P haha

~Jeff~

WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:10 am

lok, good morning,....what if god didnt tell them to write it?

sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:18 am

perhaps God wasn't made to explain to unknown, maybe he was real, you never know, and we'll never strangely enough it's something that boggles me. How is it that we won't believe in alien lifeforms yet refute the denial of the existence of an omnipotent being in which no one has ever seen. Maybe God was made so that we humans can place in insecurities in him in so we can feel better and not so scared. Maybe he was made to be a leading example in which he is the embodiment of all perfect, knowledge, and power. That God is in fact the greatest qualities that a human can achieve yet neever achieve put altogether to create something we worship. But my answer will always be....you never know
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -

Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:21 pm

If you honestly stop and think about it - The Bible is a history book, and a medical book; I find it interesting that people suggests that it contradicts itself when really..it doesn't. And also - We don't "worship" the Bible because we're told not to. We don't worship (Pentacostal) Mary or Jesus because we're told not to. We don't pray to anything or anybody other than G-d because we're told not to. And really - we do it out of fear and/or faith. I'd rather grow up believing in G-d to find out there isn't than to not belive in G-d and die to find out that there is. Science proves Evolution but G-d did not deny evolution. Science proves time but G-d didn't deny the time either. It's all about your reading comprehension and your look on things. It's in human nature to stick to a word and it's meaning. The Bible teaches us how NOT to. The Bible is based on MEASUREMENTs. It does not deny ANYONE the right to BE anyone but it does suggest that we choose our actions wisely.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!

WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:33 pm

i mean some of the stuff in the bible is believable but some of the things it tells us to be and do and what we can't be and what things are sins....it all seems so black and white....liek this is right or wrong......i dont believe that though...i believe the bible applied to the people back in the day it was written but we cant use it to live our day to day lives now

goodmorning
Loyal

Post by goodmorning » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:17 pm

I think the Bible does relate to our modern day lifestyles. The Bible talks about all sorts of bad stuff that happen now, too - rape, murder, lies, stealing, etc. It also talks about good stuff - God's love, for instance. God's love hasn't changed since Bible times.

You should read the book "Eli" by Bill Myers. It takes the story of Jesus and sets it in our times.

God bless. :)
your name is the splinter inside me

while i wait.

linds*07
Loyal

Post by linds*07 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:22 am

look up the dead sea scrolls
I sit alone in darkness

and peer into the world

i wonder what has happened

that made this so ubsurd

i know the times have changed

and all the people too

but now im lost among them

with nothing left to do

i cant say what i want to

for my words they wont accept

my sanity has been fading

and hope is all thats left

theres no one there to guide me

and i cant see through the pain

i grab the knife secretly

and cut away at my vein

the one that matters most

that makes the blood flow through

i watch it all drain slowly

and remember what is true

the people stepping around me

didnt care at all

so now as im dying

I'm obeying the satanic call.

-my mind. =(

Nikki
Veteran

Post by Nikki » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:12 am

Bible is all about metaphore, don't take it literally. It's supposed to teach you something. And it was written long after the actual things happened, so people transferred the stories from mouth to mouth, and so a lot of details disappeared.
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...

VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 pm

I dislike that people get so caught up in the historical accuracy of the Bible, and use the errors in it to say that all of Christianity is bollucks. Yea. I just said it. I'm a Christian, and I believe there are errors in the Bible. Why? Cause there are.

Perhaps all of history did not play out as scripture says it did. This is not a religion shattering fact. Perhaps all of Pharoh's armies were not swept away in the Dead Sea. If you boil away all the things that can be disputed, you come down to a basic code of how to live.

"Dont steal, dont lie, dont cheat, dont murder, follow your God with all your heart."

I live by this. True, it is very hard to argue out the validity of a religion with a person if you concede that there are errors in its writings. But in my experience, the people who focus only on these things, and use them as their only reason to not belive.. were predisposed against it. They didnt want to hear, they didnt want to believe, they had already made up their minds that it was bollucks.

Just my opinion. Feel free to discuss what i've said, or PM me with questions/comments/criticizms/complaints. :P

God bless.
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:23 pm

actually noah's ark is very very very similar to the epic of gelgimesh (SP?) i have read part of it, but tno the flood part. I didnt have the complete epic thingy. It was really good.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

is.

I've lost my way.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm confused... please explain?
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:04 pm

go read it... im positve that i spelled it wrong. But it was written long before the bible and the story of noah's ark. Now if you read it you will find that it is noah's ark. it was also on tlc one time. You will find alot of the old testament resembles other religions. Tehre is an ancient egyptian god, that resembles someone from christianity, i cant remember wether it was jesus or john the baptist. AGAIN i read it, but this time it was for a class. So... yea, go read the epic of gelgimesh (i swear that is spelt wrong) but youll find its just like noah's ark. so in other words the bible is just stories.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

is.

I've lost my way.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.