The Christ Cross

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

mpp5004

The Christ Cross

Post by mpp5004 »

Wheretogo
Veteran

Re: The Christ Cross

Post by Wheretogo »

wow... no offense or anything, but when ever people go on about christ and god and crap like that i always want to turn to them and say make me. Make me believe, make me pray and so on and so forth

i dunt think this belongs here either....
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin
munchkinprince
Loyal

Re: The Christ Cross

Post by munchkinprince »

it's in the religion threads. If you can find a more appropriate thread, what would you choose?

I don't think there was any portion of the original message that implied that the belief must be shoved down your throat. in fact, Christianity's saving grace is dependent on the individual's choice to accept Jesus.

But that's not the point of this thread. mpp5004 suggested changing the yuletide icon from a tree to a cross to be more direct with the original meaning of christmas.

First of all, December 25 was not a holy day to Christians until the Catholic church wanted to transmutate a holiday of pagans into a Christian holiday. The bible's depiction of Christ's birth eliminates a chance of Him being born in winter at all. If you recall, sheep were out and people were travelling over countrysides, but a Nazarene winter is far too cold to allow either. He was more likely born around March-ish.

Another reason to keep the tree is it's symbolic enough of Christianity as it is: the pines always face up and it shows abundant life(green) through tough times(winter).
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?