Discussion: How does your religion affect you as a person.

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

nirvana
Loyal

Discussion: How does your religion affect you as a person.

Post by nirvana »

I was curious if anyone else felt the same as I do. I was raised a Christian, and just from observing myself, and friends etc, I feel perhaps I was raised with different morals and values some of them have.

For me, I feel as if I give more respect to my family, and strangers than some people I know do. I believe this is from being raised a Christian. Just to note, I'm not saying I am better than these people, just a different perspective perhaps.

I am an agnostic now, and I still hold the morals and values I learned close to me. For me, my religion was not so much being preached to about God, but being taught how to respect your fellow man, and make those around you happy.

I'd like to hear if anyone else feels either their religion as a child or perhaps if they changed religion, the one they are now effects them as a person.

Please ask if I haven't made myself clear... I tend to ramble too much :p
Next time you think you're perfect. Try walking on water
FranklinF
Veteran

Re: Discussion: How does your religion affect you as a person.

Post by FranklinF »

i would like to hope that my christian up bringing has an affect on the way i am, i am still christian sometimes i get question-y, i dont fully fallow the teachigs as i was taught in the church, sorta adapted it to meet what i feel is right. that sounds way worse than i mean...
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]