Discussion: Is religion an important factor in finding a partner?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

nirvana
Loyal

Discussion: Is religion an important factor in finding a partner?

Post by nirvana »

Would you be able to date someone with a very different religion? Would religion be a deciding factor in whether or not to date that person? Also, would you take into consideration what you would do if you did date them, and went onto have children?

I know for me this is not a huge deal, I was raised christian, but am agnostic now, and I feel as long as the other person has similar morals and values to me, I wouldn't care either way, but I know this is not the same for everyone, and I was wondering how you all felt on the subject.
Next time you think you're perfect. Try walking on water
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Re: Discussion: Is religion an important factor in finding a partner?

Post by Barbies are Evil »

I think as long as both partners are respectful of anothers religion/spirtual beliefs, then it wouldn't really matter to me...........I was raised Catholic but am agnostic now (Louise its scary, we are similar)
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Religion isn't an important factor to me since I am also agnostic. I was raised as Jewish but later realized a confusion about religion that lead me to being agnostic. I don't care what religion my partner is AS LONG as they do not impose it ONTO me. That is one thing I highly dislike.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy »

I wouldn't turn down a date with someone just because of their religion but if they disrespected my views on what I believe then it would be over very quickly. If they can respect my views and I can respect theirs, then why allow that to keep you apart?
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
Kit
Veteran

Post by Kit »

As long as it doesn't come in between us then I don't really care.
Email me If you ever need someone to talk to and I'm not online, drop me an E-mail. I'll get it on my phone!

Myspace Want to know more about me? Here's my myspace. You can see pictures of my family, and keep up with my life here.

I LOVE my Son Ethan who is 10 months old and my wonderful husband who is signing up for the Army!