My Girlfriend...

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Paris In Flames
Veteran

My Girlfriend...

Post by Paris In Flames »

Okay, I know this probably should go in relationships, but I'm requesting that this stay in sexuality because I'd like to see other people with a sexuality other than straight's viewpoint on this situation...

I have a girlfriend. She is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me, and she is like...the hottest/most amazing girl ever. I'd liked her for a VERY long time before we started "seeing each other" so I'm pretty content that things worked out between us.

However, she views herself as bisexual. Not just...bisexual, but a "true bisexual." According to her, this implies that she is more emotionally attracted to guys and more physically attracted to girls. However, we both have a very good emotional relationship, and I think we could honestly say that we're one of each other's best friends...which is saying a lot, considering that she generally don't hang out/trust girls.

Anyways, she has this boyfriend. She sees him once a week, but she's been dating him since early last May. Apparently they've had sex a couple of times, but she's never been very enthusiastic about it. She told me once that she's not happy with him at all, but she feels contradicting...sometimes she's incredibly happy and other times, she's not. She tells me that she's always happy with me.

Personally, I think she's happy HANGING out with him because he's one of her best friends...but as a relationship, she doesn't really like doing many physical things. I've always had the suspicion that she's a lesbian, and I often tease her about it...but I don't think that she feels that she's had enough relationships with girls to say that. She's had some, but they've ended badly. Also, she generally detests girls...she feels that they are two-faced, and that she's been screwed over so many times by them... *Shrug*

SO...here's my situation pretty much.

I'm jealous.

Like, incredibly jealous because I feel that relationships don't differ between men and women if that's what you're happy with...then there is no difference between me and him.

Therefore, if she's happy with me and not with her boyfriend, she needs to get rid of him.

BUT, she feels bad and doesn't know how to tell him no. She's had past issues like this with guys before. I confronted her last night about it and she said, "There's a difference between fruits and vegetabes."

I kid you not.

Fucking fruits and fucking vegetables.

Goddd...I"m so fucking frusterated. I'm going to sit down and talk with her about it on Friday, but seriously...what would you do if you were in my situation?

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
CausticTears
Veteran

Re: My Girlfriend...

Post by CausticTears »

Hey,

If I were in your situation, I'd feel the same way - jealous. I'd also be pissed off. It's not right she has a girlfriend AND boyfriend. Talk to her about, like you will, and tell her to choose. She needs to think about which relationship she wants to pursue, give her some time if needs be.

I hope things work out for you hon. Keep us posted.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

I definately agree that it's not right for her to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend.

At the same time though, I can understand that she's trying to figure some things out.

It sounds like she knows that she wants you as well.

But she's just trying to get herself to admit that.

I know it's hard, hun. But just talk to her.

And give it some time. Things will work out.

Lovvve, Amanda
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

im a male who's a relationship with a girl who i have met 2 months ago, my girlfriend told me the other day she was bisexual but only 2% because she only likes to kiss girls a bit should i get worried about this is she going a phase or something seeing she is only 16. Will she grow out of this you think i know she loves me and being comfortable around me but will she be easily misled into have relations or desire to have sex with girls and leave me out of the picture im very confused and very paranoid about it, can someone please help... thanks Eddie x
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Eddie -

I talked to her about this... and maybe this will help some.

You cannot blame yourself for your sexuality.

I adore my girlfriend very much, and I know that her feelings for me are the same.

I know that she treats myself and her boyfriend differently - because that's just how her sexuality is....I'm on the luckier side of the spectrum than her boyfriend is.

I know that she will eventually break up with her boyfriend and I know that we will date after that happens, because she likes me/girls a hell of a lot more than boys.

*Shrug*

Don't be scared, talk to her about it.

Keep in mind that many girls aren't really bisexual.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
sayhellomylove
Loyal

Post by sayhellomylove »

i've seen so many people in this situation- in a relationship with a bisexual person who is is more than one relationship. to me, it's the same as cheating, only everyone involved is in on the secret. it's prefectly normal for you to be jealous- i know i'd most definetly be.

your girlfriend obviously knows that your jealous. ask yourself this- do you really want to be in a realtionship with a person that knowingly hurts you emotionally? it may not be intentional in the clearest sense, but she knows your not exactly happy with the situation, and yet she does nothing to help. and what if it's years before she ends things with her boyfriend? are you willing and able to stick it out?

i don't know. i'm pretty fed up with bisexual people dating more than one person at a time, and getting away with it because, their bisexual. if they want to be in more than one relationship at once, they should say 'hey, i don't believe in monogomy' not 'hey, im bisexual'. anyway, thats beyond the point.

all in all, i think you've got to see where you both stand in this relationship. are you willing to continue being jealous and hurt to be with this girl, or would you rather be happy and maybe find someone that you're more compatable with?

love.
Measure me in metered lines, in one decisive stare,

the time it takes to get from here to there.

My ribs that show through t-shirts and these shoes I got for free;

I'm unconsoled, I'm lonely.

I am so much better than I used to be.

Rely a bit to heavily on alcohol and irony.

Get clobbered on by courtesy, in love with love, and lousy poetry.