how they are dealing...

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

secrets
Loyal

how they are dealing...

Post by secrets »

my om found out i was gay like 4months ago. she accued me before but i always denied it. she found out and ignored e for days. and she told my whole fam except like 2people. my mom thinks im wrong for being gay. my stepdad thinks im ruining my life. most of my fam knows. but mom said im going to be the one to tell my grandfather she said when he finds out it will break his heart and he will prolly cry. funny thing is that i have a gay aunt... and my 2nd cousin is gay. so wouldnt it not be a big deal?... thats what i thought but i was wrong. i have to hide my girlfriend. some of my fam that know still talk as if i like guys. i wish my fam wasnt judgemental.
Son_Of_Faith

Re: how they are dealing...

Post by Son_Of_Faith »

I'm a 23 y/o gay male. And i know how hard it is to come out to some people. It looks like you didn't even have the chance to do it yourself, and i'm sorry about that. But I'm here for you hon. And i know that it's hard, but you are going to be you no matter what, even if your mom doesn't like it or your stepdad or any of your other friends or family. But you do have support, there are plenty of places that can help you, and if you ever wanna chat about it, i'll listen and try and help.
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

the thing is it doesnt matter what your family thinks of your orrientation, tell them you are doing what makes you happy and if they cant support you for that then thats fine too, really how often do you see your grandfather, and his reaction might not even be that, and if it is oh well it is his problem for not being able to accept that, you are who you are you cant change that not even for family
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Lostinhersong
Loyal

Post by Lostinhersong »

My family wasn't upset until I brought my girlfriend home for the first time, and then they turned on the judgmental switch and started saying stuff like that to me. We went to a picnic for my dads work and my mom said "Don't act gay. No holding hands or anything. The whole family knows your both gay, your dads company doesn't need to know. He'll never hear the end of it."

After a while, things worked out. My mom welcomed my girlfriend into our home when her situation at home took a turn for the worst, and my mom has no problem with us sharing a bed. I think they have to get used to the idea. If I were you, I would speak to your aunt and ask her how she coped with the judgments of her family. I think she would know best.

I wish you all the luck in the world. If you ever need to talk, I have my AIM name listed. :)
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.