Discussion: Mid-Life Crisis? Why Do Middle Aged Men/women "suddenly" Come Out?

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CausticTears
Veteran

Discussion: Mid-Life Crisis? Why Do Middle Aged Men/women "suddenly" Come Out?

Post by CausticTears »

If a middle aged heterosexually married woman/man decides to get divorced because she/he realizes she wants to be with someone of their own sex: what do you think could be some possible reasonings? Hormones? Were they gay from the start? Did they get curious? Mid-life crisis?

I personally think they were gay from the "start" and were simply trying to fit into "traditional" societies norms. I think they are coming out now more than ever because society is beginning to make it OK!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Cindy
Veteran

Re: Discussion: Mid-Life Crisis? Why Do Middle Aged Men/women "suddenly" Come Out?

Post by Cindy »

one of my male guy friends when he hit his 30's suddenly decided to go through a sex change. He is sill attracted to women, but decided out of no where that he wanted to become a woman. His wife left him, and his kids refuse to speak to him out of embarrassment.

When it came up in a convo why he did it, he said "I never felt right as a man. This is the first time in my life that I have felt correct."

I also believe it is something that is with you from the beginning, but is refused to be looked at because of fear.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]