My Grandma

Have you experienced the pain of losing someone close to you? Do you grieve over the death of someone you knew? Here is a safe place to seek support.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

sweethelp
Veteran

My Grandma

Post by sweethelp »

alright so my grandma died in august. and i just cant seem to get completely over it, but like i cant grieve i rarely ever cry like i feel heartless and i want to cry but i cant. like i cry maybe at the most 2/3 times a year and i dunno i feel so heartless. i havent really grieved for her yet because right around her death i had to be strong for my family and i still do. i always have to be strong for them. but i just want to cry and like i think about her everyday and i pray for her i just dunno what to do. :'( :(

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: My Grandma

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I have lost a few family members over the past few years and I do not often cry. Crying is not a must for the grieving process in my opinion.

What I tend to do is be strong for those around me, and then when I am alone I reflect on the person's life. My memories of the person ect. Depending on your spiritual beliefs, you can be comforted in knowing that your grandmother has porgressed to a new and better state of life and/or rest.

If you usually express yourself by crying, by all means please do cry. It is certainly an accepted physical means of mourning, it is normal to cry.

I hope I helped a little, you don't have to cry if you don't feel the need. I don't believe that it is a requirment, just be sure to make yourself realize that she is gone from this life and know what that means to you, and never forget her, she will live on in your memories.

-God Bless

-Jared
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

CreepyKidLover
Loyal

Re: My Grandma

Post by CreepyKidLover »

you say you must not cry because you have to be strong for your family, well then go take a long hot bath. think of her, think of the fact you will see her again, think about the happy things. the sad things, should never be forgotten, but put into the back of your mind. you cant change that she is gone. but you can change how you feel about that. one of my friends just relayed this on to me. and it helps. i once heard a qoute, i knew looking back at the bad times would make me laugh, but i never knew looking back at the good times would make me cry." it will take a while, but you will soon be able to smile about it all.

just remember how much you love her, and that she is always with you in your heart, and you will never forget her, you will be able to cry, when are ready to let go of her. it takes a long time to actually let go of a close family member. i am mouring the death of my beloved uncle that passed on the 25 of november, but i am also still grieving over the lose of a classmate that passed sept 6 2002. it just takes somepeople longer to let go.