Letters To Loved Ones

Have you experienced the pain of losing someone close to you? Do you grieve over the death of someone you knew? Here is a safe place to seek support.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

alina20042
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Letters To Loved Ones

Post by alina20042 »

~alina20042~
MattMan
Veteran

Re: Letters To Loved Ones

Post by MattMan »

Dear Meagan

I'm still not sure if I'm over you, but if I'm not, I'm getting closer. Not an hour goes by without me thinking of you in some way, however small. I had so many dreams for us to get married and have kids, I'm sure you would've been a great mother. One thing I wish I could've done more than anything else was attend your funeral, but I couldn't because I was in a coma. I wanted to grow old with you, more than many other things. I would've stayed at your side no matter what, but in death, I am afraid that I cannot. I'm still in love with you, and for the rest of my life, I now have some way to have some reminder of you with me always. Although I survived the accident, I believe that a part of me is gone with you. You died young, along with Stephanie and Andrea in the same instant. I miss them too, at times. They were like sisters to me. You gave me objectives in my life, and reason, as well as hope and dreams for the future, but now, it's all gone. I feel like you helped me find the positive in everything, and made a very good optimist out of me.

I love you forever, Meagan.

~~Matt
alina20042
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by alina20042 »

just out of curosity did it help Matt? or any of the others who hasn't posted their letters ....
~alina20042~
MattMan
Veteran

Post by MattMan »

yeah, somewhat
BittersweetSurrender
Loyal

Post by BittersweetSurrender »

I wrote these letters a long time ago, and I haven't read them in awhile. The second is a follow-up to the first because I re-read it and felt horrible.

---

Dear Carol,

I miss you. I really do. Not a day goes by when I don't think about you, and I know that that day will probably never come. There are so many things I want to ask you, to tell you, but since you're gone, I really can't. Before I get into this, I want you to know that I love you with all of my heart, and despite what I'm about to say I'm going to miss you and love you always.

I just... I hate you for what you did, but still love you all the same. Some things are unforgivable, but I love you anyway. How is that? How can you hurt me, hurt everyone as badly as you did but still retain all my love for you. I still hurt at the memory of you lying in the casket, at the imagined memories of your last moments on Earth... Nothing has become less painful, but after awhile I've gotten used to the pain. Once a horrible ache is inside you for months, you begin to stop feeling it as much. It's like breathing. It's second nature, but sometimes you become very aware of it.

When I went to your grave all I could think the whole time was, "Why am I here?" People our age shouldn't have to visit their friends in cemeteries. Suicide is a lousy way to die. It's the dumbest mistake anyone can make because it's impossible to fix. Sure, we all have these lovely scars on our hearts that have been healing, but they will never fade. None of us will be complete ever again because of what you did.

The flashbacks are haunting. I remember every moment I spent with you- good and bad. I remember when we shared our first inside joke, and I remember when we shared our last goodbye. I remember the very last time I saw you alive as well as the first.

It's not fair, Carol. To have to measure things like this... "before she died," "after she died." No one should have to go through that. Not in the way we all have.

You were always the dramatic one, weren't you? Honestly though, why did you have to go and *edit for content*? Do you have any idea how sensitive we all are now to things like that? I see *edit again for content* and I immediately think of you, see you. It's a disgustingly common image lately, which is sick, but true. Society is morbid. I suppose OD-ing would have left a chance of survival, though, wouldn't it? It didn't work in 7th grade, did it? Maybe that's because you weren't supposed to fucking die that way! You were too good for suicide, Carol. That's what I thought anyway.

Well... I think that's about all I have to say. This is probably going to piss a lot of people off, but I needed to get this out, and Michelle inspired me to do so. I need to start letting go. I need to start moving on. I miss you, and I always will.

Love always,

~*becky*~

---

Dear Carol,

I hope you read my last letter, because most of it really is true. However, I would like to take back some of the things I said. First of all, and most importantly, I don't hate you. I was very angry when I wrote that, and I could never hate you. True, I can never, ever forgive you, but I could never truly hate you. There are five people in this world that I truly and completely hate, and that's because they are people who hurt you, or mocked your death.

Jessica's letter and her way of thinking about it made me understand things a little more. It's true, your sickness was no different than cancer, if you think about it, except the disease was in your head, not your body. The problem caused you to make a mistake that you couldn't fix, and it wasn't completely your fault.

I suppose I do owe you an apology for saying some of the things I did, but that was built up over a year, and sometimes I just get so angry at you for what you did to us all... It hurts a lot, Carol.

I really do miss you, and I'm sorry about the last letter... I can never forgive you, but I don't hate you. I can't believe I said that I did... Maybe we'll meet again some day and we can find some way to put the past behind us. Until then, know that I will never forget you, Carol.

Love you,

~*becky*~
~*Becky*~

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
NeverReallySeen
Veteran

Post by NeverReallySeen »

Just to say, Becky, those letters are really inspiring. Its good that you got your feelings out.

I think the letters are a great idea. I want to write a few tonight. One to my grandpa, Teresa, maybe a few others.
To be nobody but yourself in a world thats doing its best to make you somebody

else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.

You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living,

Until the escape becomes the habit.

Everything is ok in the end.

If its not, then its not the end.
Chica9
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by Chica9 »

Dear Dad,

Words can not express how much I miss you. What it is like to move on with my life knowing your not here. So much has happened and I pray that you are watching down on me. Did I make you proud when I finished school? Or how about when I got into vet school? Were you smiling when Kevin went down on one knee? Or when Mollie said " I DO?" Are family has grown so much, and it seems so wrong that you are stuck. I miss you so much, and I can't look into the future with seeing some fog. Your not here to hold my hand and show me the way. But some how, some way... I have to find my own path, and if I'm lucky I might find signs that you are here. I love you Padre...

XOXO

Your Chica....
~*~Everything will be ok in the end... and if its not ok than its not the end~*~

HOLY CANOLLI!!!!

NO FREAKIN WAY?!?!

I love you Kevi Poo!

Oh, shut-up you KNOW you want me!!