Poetry.com

Have you written a story? Even a poem? Post your artistic creations here!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Poetry.com

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

Poetry.com is a scam. I would just like to warn all you poets out there: DO NOT EVER SUBMIT A POEM THERE! It's a waste of time. All it is, is a scam. I entered a poem there once and it got accepted. I was so excited. Then I found out that everyone else who entered was accepted also. They are only accepting poems so you will buy the book. So don't waste your hope and energy on it. Also, check out this site: http://poetrynotcom.tripod.com/
Doh!-Nut
Loyal

Re: Poetry.com

Post by Doh!-Nut »

Then I found out that everyone else who entered was accepted also.

Is that bad?
There's more then Democrats and Republicans. Get a new mantra, and in the meantime remember to use No More Tears? brand baby shampoo every evening.
Mau-Mau
Loyal

Post by Mau-Mau »

yup i totally agree. I write poetry very frequently and i belong to many different sites and they all said the same thing that poetry.com was a scam. so yes ppl becareful all they want ot do is sell u the book. Think about it if u are filling there book up with beautiful poetry why should u have to pay?
Maur
alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

gosh that makes me mad! i was so excited cuz i just got accepted to be published!! dangit! well, does anyone know any othere ways to get published? i really want to get published so yeah. thanks for posting this! i really appreciate it!
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
LiArLiAr911
Loyal

Post by LiArLiAr911 »

yes they try to take your poem and make money off of it! i have put poems on it! but my mom said no b/c it sounded really weird to her! so *thanks mom*

&&Sexy NETTIE ~ moi!&&

My homepage! cum check it out!
Breathe_In_For_Luck7
Veteran

Post by Breathe_In_For_Luck7 »

I wouldn't have known but my parents thought it was a bit sketchy so my dad talked to the english teacher at the school he works at and she said it was a hoax.
Eowyn
Veteran

Post by Eowyn »

I fell for it. I was in 7th grade and I thought I was so special b/c I was having a poem published...then like 3 more. I was really confused...I fell for the scam and bought the book once...now I know it's just a waste of time...they really do need to be stopped.
Love is you

........ You and me

...............Love is knowing

...............................we can be

<3 Matthew McNeal<3

.oO sHeLlY Oo.
messedup
Needs Another Hobby

Post by messedup »

I would submit poems all the time just for the fun of it. They would send me a letter telling me that I was nominated for poet of the year. :D haha, it was funny everytime.
Danielle
Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi »

Originally posted by Doh!-Nut@Dec 5 2003, 03:30 PM

Then I found out that everyone else who entered was accepted also.

Is that bad?

Well yeah. Do you really think all those people deserved to be accepted? They most likely weren't even reading the poems, they were just letting random people in. Thats why it's a scam.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

i put a poem into it after a friend of mine did.... i got accepted, and then it said i had to go to Ohaio to get a certificate... and also they sent a letter to my house, BIG MISTAKE... lol :P its a load of bullshit and the server that has it on, and all the backups should be surrounded with C4 and blown up. then theres no more hoax.
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme »

i feel so bad for all those that sumit it and then relize it was a scam. my cousin did that and since then she hasnt written any poems because she doesnt think shes actully good enough but shes awsome.

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004
Sliver
Veteran

Post by Sliver »

lol i didnt write muchafter i left primary cos the stupid secondary school didnt do regular writing storys and poems.... so ive had to relearn that basically.. :S but yer... it did put me off
Sliver, A.K.A Tom/Tommy/Tommy Boy (thanks to Lisa and sweethelp)

Moderated with Sweethelp in Bullying forum from Oct 6 2003 to 2006 sometime.

Moderated in the Self Expression Forum and Computer forum mainly, along with the rest of the lounge, until December 2006.

sand
Loyal

Post by sand »

that really makes me mad! good think i never bought the stupid book.
Wicked Juggalette~Blaze Twizid ICP Psychopathic Family~

We're not afraid to die because death is afraid of us

We're meaner than the devil, but we're someone you can trust

You're way to fresh for death to want you

with abilities and talents that no one could ever come close to
~Dark Lotus-Black Rain

I am slowly decaying form the inside out

<span style=\'color:red\'Gwen Stefani is hot
silent_tears
Loyal

Post by silent_tears »

I've tried to submit poems there, but every poem that I try to submit is either too long or too this or too that... And I just stopped trying to submit them there. I went out and found some other places that will take my poetry.
Because of you, I'm a broken shell of the person that I used to be...
readyornothereicome
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by readyornothereicome »

it's not true that they accept EVERY poem and say that u've been the best young poet of the year. my friends and i all have submitted tons of poetry (atleast 10-15 poems each) and like one from 2 of my friends were accepted AND they didn't get an email saying that they were the best poet. yes it may be a scam and the book is a total rip off(!) but does anyone ACTUALLY try to go the ceremony to get their award? we're not that stupid (i hope)
Got caught in your web

And I learned how to plead

I was prey in your bed

And devoured completely
Toolrockgirl
Veteran

Post by Toolrockgirl »

wow, i didnt know that....thats bad! my cousin submitted one of mine there and it got "accepted" but i ignored it because i was pissed off she sent it in ( i normally dont let anyone read anything i write)

but that does suck, esp for the people that get all excited about getting accepted and then to find out this.
weeble and bob

One of my favorites
Sweetlipz
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by Sweetlipz »

Well that sucks.. I have submitted stuff there... ugh.. thank you so much for posting that!
Have a good cry, wash out your heart; cuz if you keep it inside, it'll tear you apart!

<span style=\'color:purple\'Just be YOURSELF! No one else wants to...
Zarie
Veteran

Post by Zarie »

<edited for rule #4--AlternativeFairy

If you had listened to me in the past, you would have saved yourself from it, but no, you didn't listen.

myspace profile + my livejournal

Rocco: Fucking... What the fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks... FUCK.

Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.
cuteandplayful
Loyal

Post by cuteandplayful »

Lol, boy am I glad I didnt waste any money on the thing either! They've sent me like 4 thingies about my poems. Its nice to pretend they're good enough though.
It seems to be that on Oct. 14, 2006, I'll be bring my own lil blessing into this world. I'm so happy, I will do everything to make sure my baby has everything good! It makes my heart ache, I cant wait! I know it wont always be perfect, but we'll make the best out of every moment. Its worth it.

I'm deeply in love with someone who makes the world make sense.

You know when you love someone, you cant explain why, it all just makes sense in a crazy way. Its addicting but it makes you open your eyes and live for who and what you are. There is just something about the way they make you feel, it just opens your heart and makes you love. You cant control it, the emotions you feel. For me, it makes me a happier, brighter person. I'm grateful for this.