Heaven Or Hell

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Pariah
Veteran

Heaven Or Hell

Post by Pariah »

Well i am kinda confused about god and all right now, but i have a HUGE question thats been bothering me,

If you commit Suicide will you get to go to heaven or Hell?

If you Belive in him (god) just a little will you get into heaven?

If you are gay/bi/les can you go to heaven?

If you cheat on your wife/husband will you go to heaven or hell?

If you murdered your family, will you go to heaven or hell?

If you had like most average teenagers do, a time where you study witchcraft or something, will you go to heaven or hell?

I was just woundering...
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: Heaven Or Hell

Post by Paris In Flames »

Ooo! Ooo! I'm an atheist and I think I can still answer these!!!

1. No - suicide is a sin and you go to hell.

2. Umm...I think you have to accept Jesus as your "savior" or something before you can go to heaven.

3. Ummm....I think you have to forgive your sins or something..I dunno, it's strange, but I think you go to hell if you live your entire life like that and you don't say sorry.

4. Ummm....no clue. Maybe if you say you're sorry for your "sins' then you'll go to heaven.

5. You go to hell.

6. Who knows?

Lol, I don't know...good questions. I think the whole point is that you just have to belive that Jesus is your "savior" and you'll be a happy little chick and go to heaven.

Or you can just not believe in any of it and live you're life freely without worrying about that shit.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

1) It depends. Anyone who commits suicide to take the easy way out will probably go to hell. Anyone who commits suicide that is mentally ill will go to heaven because God knows this and will have pity on you.

2) If you believe in God and live a good life doing what you believe God calls you to do, you will go to heaven.

3) If you are homosexual or bisexual you will go to heaven.

4) If you committ adultry and seek forgiveness before you die and are actually sorry for what you did, you will still go to heaven. If you are not sorry for what you did, you will probably go to hell.

5) Same as number 4.

6) You can still go to heaven. If you still believe in God and live a good life, or if you later believe in God and live a good life, you will go to heaven.

Obviously nobody knows for sure, we can just go on our beliefs. Nobody will know for sure what happens to us until we die. These are my beliefs.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Suicide, my belief is that no matter WHY you commit suicide, you are still mentaly ill, even if you're doing it for the 'easy way out'. If the person was not mentaly ill, then they would have a will and an instict to servive. THerefore when ever anyone commits suicide, they've lost that will, and so they must have something wrong with them. God makes it clear that he dosn't punish anyone who sins if they're not fully mentaly functional.

As for everything else: you MUST accept Jesus as your savior before you can get to heaven. If you're a non believer you're going to hell, no matter what sins you commit. But if you accept Jesus as your savior, you will be forgiven for any sins you commit, as long as you SINSEARLY REPENT [note: the word repent doesn't simply mean 'be sorry' or 'regretful' or anything of the sort. The word repent means 'turn around,' in otherwords when you repent of your sins you turn around and you're not about to do that particular sin again, because you are sinsearly sorry.]

As with homosexuality: it's my belief that no one knows weather it's really a sin or not. There are plenty of reasons why it might not be a sin. There are plenty of reasons why it might be a sin. But it dosn't matter, because even if it is a sin- it's no worse than any other sin that you could commit, be it murder or a stray lustful thought. If you accept Jesus as your savior, then you're going to heaven weather your gay or not.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Pariah@Jul 20 2004, 05:43 PM

Well i am kinda confused about god and all right now, but i have a HUGE question thats been bothering me,

If you had like most average teenagers do, a time where you study witchcraft or something, will you go to heaven or hell?

I was just woundering...

my opinion: neither....cuz non exsist...

This is why i don't believe in either...everything will send you to "hell":

1) hell --- killing yourself, not good

2) hell --- just believing in a lil means there is a lot that doens't beloeve, not good

3) hell --- a big sin in christianity, not good

4) hell --- adultery, not good

5) hell --- murder is like sucide killing one of gods creatures, not good

6) hell --- witchcraft or something isn't christiantity, not good

do you see my pt?

everything you do is a sin - so everyone will end up in hell (which in my opinion doesn't exsist)...

My opinion is this, hun: live life to the fullest everyday...if you are gay then be gay...if you wanna practice witchcraft then practice witchcraft...don't worry about if "God" will accept you in heaven or not...

~Jeff~
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Originally posted by Pariah@Jul 20 2004, 05:43 PM

I was just woundering...

1- yes.

2- if you ask for forgivness or w/e

3- yes

4- depends on if you ask for forgivness

5-depends if you ask for forgivness

6- most teenagers DONT study witchcraft but whatevre, i used to, and im fully christian now, and i believe i will go to heaven..
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

No, b.c it kinda dawned on me today, everyone around me is felling my head with these places, of hell. And im scared, I you know am your typical teen, i dont believe, but I DONT WANNA GO TO HELL!-lol. But i also dont want to believe in something that i feel is wrong.

I thought God loved us all NO MATTER WHAT?-I hope when or if i get to heaven hes a gay man.....lol. That would make my day.
TeenHelp.org

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Besides suicide (unless you did this as you were dying), if you ask forgiveness for whatever you did *and* accepted Jesus as your savior, you can be saved from hell no matter what. And about the second one, I believe you need to accept Jesus as your savior, as I said... but it says in the Bible that a lot of people who think they are going to heaven won't, so I can't answer that. I say it's better to be remembered in heaven as someone who has done great things for the Lord than one who just 'slipped by'.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

*mel*
Loyal

Post by *mel* »

Originally posted by Pariah@Jul 20 2004, 09:43 PM

I was just woundering...

1. You WILL still go to heaven if you commit suicide. Only if you believe in Jesus though.....if you did not believe in him before you committed suicide, then you will not. But suicide is only a sin. a forgiveable one.

2. I'm not sure.....we all have doubts, and you just have to truly believe. I think God will know if you really believe in him or not. He knows what is truly on your heart.

3. Yes, you will go to heaven if you are gay/bi/les. This is purely my opinion, but because it is my opinion I think I am completely right here. Being gay/bi/les is just another sin. Sins can be forgiven....that's why Jesus died on the cross for us.

4.Cheating on your husband or wife=== yes you'll still go to heaven. Purely another sin.

5.Murder....definitely still going to heaven. (as long as you believe in Jesus Christ) You could be Osama bin Laden and still go to heaven as long as you believe in Jesus Christ.

6. Yes again.

*******God is so forgiving...and he KNOWS that we make mistakes. We're human. We're NOT perfect.....and there is only one sin....and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. As far as I know, that is the ONE AND ONLY sin that CANNOT be forgiven. All the others can. And as long as you belive that Jesus Christ died for you....you WILL go to heaven!

God Bless. :D
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

jami im confused....lol.-Like always...

But i mean, so many ppl are saying different things...In my opinion god is to forgiving...but hey hes runnin this show not me.
TeenHelp.org

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

youve told me before that you didnt believe in god. so why are u scared of going to hell? becuase god *did* creat hell. so did u all the sudden give up on being atheist and decide to go christian? im confused?
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

rockerchick
Loyal

Post by rockerchick »

Every single question can be answered with a YES! even the suicide one. Think about it. Let's say you commited a small sin....like lying to your parents about where you were going one night, and that night you got hit and killed by a car, even though you didn't get the chance to ask for forgivness, God knows your heart, and he understands that ALL humans make mistakes. So why would he single out suicide?? That doesn't make sense. But, everything can be forgiven...everything! Have you guys heard of Timothy McVeigh (sp?), the oklahoma city bomber? Well...who knows...he might be in heaven right now! If he asked for forgivness and asked Christ into his life while in jail...or even as he was lying on the table...if he truly meant it, and truly wanted forgiveness for what he did, then he could be in heaven! Also...not all "christians" will go to heaven, because God knows their heart and knows whether or not they truly believe. Just my opinion
Sometimes you're the dog...sometimes you're the hydrant

~*~Katie~*~
girl_about_town
Veteran

Post by girl_about_town »

if they existed i would like to go to hell. it sounds fun down there and i'd eat pizza all day
Love Katie x x x
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

jami i am confused...i dont know what to believe anymore...
TeenHelp.org

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Jul 20 2004, 08:24 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (~*~AiM_uSeR~*~ @ Jul 20 2004, 08:24 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-Adnama@Jul 20 2004, 08:02 PM

As for everything else: you MUST accept Jesus as your savior before you can get to heaven. If you're a non believer you're going to hell, no matter what sins you commit.?

hmm...i don't know where to begin...why MUST we do something in order for "god" to be happy w/ us? I personally think that Jesus isn't real...does that mean that i am going to hell? I personally don't believe iin hell or *heaven* its just that it doesn't seem real...

but i think it is highly highly highly sad that if I ( a good kid who rarly does anything wrong but doesn't belive in "jesus" ) dies BOOM im in hell...but if someone who killed 1000s of people says "I accept jesus and love him becuase he is my savior" BOOM hes in heaven...is that right?

~Jeff~[/b][/quote]

You really want a whole gosple? Sounds like it lol. Alright.

Lets see, pertend you are that kid, and you probably are, who rarely does anything wrong but dosn't believe in Jesus. You've just died. You are standing in heaven before God, it's time for your judgement. God is the good and perfect judge, and you are asked to give an account of your self before him, and of everything you've ever done. He asks you if you've kept his law, because inorder to get into heaven, you must have kept his law [the 10 commandments]

You shall have no other gods before me.

-This isn't just praying to a statue of a golden calf. Have you ALWAYS loved God above ALL ELSE. Above money, above your family, above your computer, above everything in this world that you have ever loved?

Thou shalt not take the name of the lord, thy God, in vain

- Ever said 'God damnit'?

Remember the sabath day, to keep it holy

-Always rememberd God on his sabath [Sunday]?

Honor your father and mother

-Speaks for it's self. Have you?

Thou shalt not kill

- Ok this is an eassy one. A good boy who's rarely done anything wrong definately hasn't killed anyone, right? Well.. have you ever hated someone? Ever envied someone? Ever said something bad about someone? Ever been angry with anyone? Ever failed to help someone in need? Probably- and therefore you're a murderer.

Thou shalt not commit adultery

- Not only sleeping with someone other than your spounce. Have you ever even looked at someone you can't have lustfuly?

Thou shalt not steal

-No matter how small it is, it counts.

Thou shalt not bear false withness against thy neighbor/lie.

-Ever told a lie? Even a "white" lie?

Thou shalt not covet [9 and 10]

-Ever wanted something that someone else had?

I'm willing to bet that no matter how 'good' that boy is, he's broken 8 out of 10, at least, if not all 10, at least once in his life in some form.

So what would God's perfect judgement be? GUILTY.

EVEN if he broke just ONE, not only is that still breaking the law, but the bible also says that whoever breaks even one commandment is guilty of them all. You can't win, not like that.

Now, if that same boy had become a believer before he died, then he would have the same sins and everything, only difference is that his 'fine' had already been paied, and his sins would have been washed away.

There is no such thing as a 'good' person in Gods eyes. We are all sinners equally under his law.

And someone who killed 100 people is not any worse than that 'good' boy, because that 'good' boy has probably "murdered" a few people too, as well as broken every other commandment. No sin is worse than another. A stray lustful thought is just as bad as murder. We're all equaly guilty. Which is why God sent Jesus, and all he asks is that we accept him into our lives and do our best.

Sorry for the length. And that should elaborate on the whole 'hell' thing, in addition to answering Jeff's question.

-My beliefs, according to the Bible.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Originally posted by Pariah@Jul 21 2004, 10:14 PM

jami i am confused...i dont know what to believe anymore...

when you say shit like "oh yeah theres no god blah blah blah" then how come you all the sudden dont know if there is or not ? i mean it would be great if u became christian but i dont see how your going to do that, sorry.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

Ok, Jami, are you around me often, alot of people do that.
TeenHelp.org

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover »

Okay. I believe if you have truely repented and believed, no matter what you do be it suicide, or be it murder you will get into heaven.

This is what my church believes.

The only way you get into heaven is if you have truely repented and believed. When you are a kid You are safe and will go to heaven if you die no matter what. But when you reach the age of accountibility. Which is to say, you go under conviction. To know if you are under conviction all you have to do is ask yourself this question. Where will I go when I die? If you say I think it's heaven or I hope it's heaven then you need to pray to god and repent. Meaning you have to believe with everything you have that you will be saved and that God is the only savior, and that he is real. You won't necessarily be saved right off the bat. It's hard to believe with everything when you are under conviction. But when you do, you'll know you are saved, just like you know when you are under conviction. It'll be like this big burden rolled away from your heart. Then you will go to heaven no matter how many mistakes you made. You can't get under conviction again after this. If you feel sad in your heart it's just because you need to stay closer to God.

So if you commit any of those things, and you have done everything I've said above, and truely know, not hope, not think that you are going to heaven. Then you will be fine. Not that you should do those things though. Sorry it's so long.

:hug:
If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.