End Of The World

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Nj
Veteran

Re: End Of The World

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Dec 3 2004, 05:51 PM

how does the 4400 have to do with christianity?

[right][/right]

Well, this topic has to do with the world ending.. so does 4400.. nice try.
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Jeff..thats not true. my morals are complelty diffrent. its not all christians, its certain types, group, epics.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Dec 3 2004, 05:53 PM

Jeff..thats not true. my morals are complelty diffrent. its not all christians, its certain types, group, epics.

[right][/right]

which have shown themselves to be in the majority. (see: 2004 election)
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Dec 3 2004, 05:53 PM

[right][/right]

yeah you may have differnet morals but im just saying that the born again catholics and catholics who follow the bible and christian church for the most part are the ones that won't let us move on...i never singled you out, darling...and if you read it as i did, im sorry cuz i didn't mean to...

~Jeff~
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

catholics.. theres one branch of christanity, outa liek...100.

I know you didnt hun, but still, im christian,a nd i dont feel its right, so i was speaking my mind :)
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Beautiful@Dec 3 2004, 05:58 PM

catholics.. theres one branch of christanity, outa liek...100.

I know you didnt hun, but still, im christian,a nd i dont feel its right, so i was speaking my mind :)

[right][/right]

no the baptists, born-agains, and the like are much worse then the catholics in terms of being 'stuck'. The catholics which should really be called Roman Catholics as catholic means "universal," are the ones singled out the most. It's most christian faiths, except maybe the little 'individualist' churches with a congregration of about 100 worldwide.
--nj

sad_soul555
Loyal

Post by sad_soul555 »

and yea it does have something to do with topic...we are talking bout this world ending Grrrrr ummm some of us might be scared...ya know....sorry for posting bout my feelings...
Hmmm i am starting to hate guys more and more...every day.....maybe someday ill meet someone worth loveing...intill then ill die inside...im gonna grow up being a very bitter old woman,.....

brittaney....OMG you have such a beautiful son....i can't beleave we have been friends this long....(all our lives...17 years).....and i hope i never lose you...and or your beautiful baby boy deagen.....

"I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to kill the thing on the inside."
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Dont be sorry...

Yeah, im scared of the world ending too, like terrified, i seriously dont want to die.

I honestly think it wont end any time soon, and either does anyone who i know.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

Draco
Loyal

Post by Draco »

I'd say we mostly got it right with humans causeing the end of the world. I'm surprised none of ya mentioned anything about the nuclear weapons..A little bit of news: Iran is enriching uranium-this can eaither be used to make power(what they say they'll use it for) or it could be used to make nuclear weapons, which would be sold to terrorist nations. N. Korea is attempting to get uranium to possiably build nuclear weapons. Russia probably has a few nukes floating around waiting to be sold. I don't think the end of the world is going to be from wars fighting on the ground, it'll be from bombs, we'll blow eachother away. And you know that once one country uses a nuke, every other country is gunna say "well screw it! they used one!" and launch their own.

Man...Maybe I've been watching too many movies/reading too much news.
Your life is only as good as you make it. The hardships of life will bring any of us to our knees. No matter how high-spritied, no matter how optimistic. It'll pull us down, drag us through the dirt. Our lives will feel empty and pathedic, we'll have everlasting sadness. Though we must wait it out, beacuse this is usaully only a temporary thing. You must keep faith in yourself, while keeping faith in others. Protect the ones that hold and love you, for they are the most important people in your lives

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

nuclear weapons doo scare me...that would be a horrible way of dieing...

i dunno...its sad...

~Jeff~
LilyMaid
Loyal

Post by LilyMaid »

What are we meaning by the end of the world? The end of all human existence or the destruction of the planet or some other definition? If we're going by the first definition, I'm surprised no one has brought up climate change. Or maybe I'm not surprised. I'd say climate change and nuclear weapons are the greatest threats to human existence. Either way, I firmly believe that if it ever happens, it will have been human-induced. That said, perhaps I'm being optimistic, but I don't see the end of the world as imminent. Better to look on the bright side of things. :D
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

actually between russia and the U.S. we have enough nuclear weapons to blow up the whole world 300 times over i believe was the stats. But as for the christians and such that most of u have been speaking of there are many branches and the "born agains: are almost all of us becaus many christians believe the fact that once u accept christ u r reborn. also u may find if u check that many of the people protesting gay rights and progress are the older generations of christians and that our generation is very open to such people and non judgemental. And yes the thought of this frightens me as well - i am very fearfuol becaus of my sins and knowing that what if i sin right b4 the end and i dont get a chance to ask for forgivness - ya know

-Katie
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Dec 2 2004, 06:47 PM

After the rapture (I know some of you may laugh at this point *cough*Jenna*cough*), I think soon the now seen role of christians "forcing things on everyone", as some may see it, will turn into everyone forcing christians.

[right][/right]

HAHAHAHA.

Okay, yeah, um. Hmm...the rapture.

My thoughts on the rapture: "HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA." It's okay, I still respect your belief that the rapture will happen. I really do...I just don't see how it's possible. But then - you don't see how I can't believe in god, so we're even my dear. :)

Do I think the world will end? Yes - when nuclear bombs start going off and we fuck up the ecosystem. Mankind is, after all, it's own worst enemy. I beleive that everything in this world is a cycle. That is why I don't believe in heaven. I feel that we grow old, and when we die, we pass ourselves on through our children and friends in memory. Seasons change, everything renews itself, and I believe earth will die out, and it will start again.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i think the only way the world will come to an end is if we meanig the human species in general do it- with constant war and conflict.., idk what the bible says about that, but from biological/evolutionar point of view ( earthquakes all that stuff) nah i dont think it will happen Earth's been through a lot of glaciers, climat changes and stuff like that so i think the planet knows how to keep itself ok, it's us who are pretty much destroying it
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by Pandoras_Sister@Dec 7 2004, 02:33 PM

Cool, Jennas an Idealist!

I believe life will be destroyed-whether its because of another ice age, a meteor hitting the Earth, when us humans blow each other to pieces, but I dont believe the end of the Earth will come, unless the Universe shrinks back on itself. Life will be destroyed and will die out, but even when the Earth moves further away from the Sun as the Universe keeps expanding, lifekind will die, but there will still be an Earth. I don't think the world itself will end.

[right][/right]

Oooo....

I like that. :) Yes - I am an idealist. :) Trippy huh? ;)

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

aww...good ole' astronomy...

if the earth keeps moving from the sun eventually life will get too cold...

if the earth keeps moving toward the sun evenutially life will get too hott...

tahts why they say there isn't life on other planets..not cuz god only put life on earth but becuase only earths warmth/coolint ratio is perfect...

~Jeff~

so, yes, life will eventaully end...but in the near future...no
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

well if the universe is expanding then earth would be moving out slower than venus so we could die for a huge crash into venus before we getto the point where we freeze to death..

Also withthe freezing to death thing if the universe is truely expanding the fact that we are farther from the sun will be combated by the greenhouse effect that humans are creatingthrough our pollutionand such.
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

The Universe is said to be still expanding, but how do we know if there is no real physical proof? The whole thing is a theory. For all we know, the Steady State Theory may be right, and everything will stay pretty much in the same orbit forever.

Another theory of how we will 'die' is if the Universe starts to shrink on itself, and time might run backwards. But if the universe is EVERYTHING, there is'nt any edges to it, right? So how would it expand, surely you need a, say, a box, for something to expand and shrink in. Otherwise there is nothing there to make anything happen.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future