Is It A Sin?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

silvertears
Loyal

Re: Is It A Sin?

Post by silvertears »

I didnt put my reply on here to be mocked... I put my reply on here to give my own point of view... and honestly that IS my point of view... So please stop the ridicule (sp?)...
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I'm not going to argue with you...I've already been in trouble for that once...so I'm just gunna say...

You're right. It's your own opinion...however, all I did...was speak mine. And I even said no offense, and pre-apologized for anyone I may have offended...so...I don't believe I did anything wrong.

Sorry, though. Really.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Shew, its my fault now that I look more closely at your post, I didnt read what you put in parenthases... Im sorry for my mistake..
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

yes, i think it is a sin.

that does not mean i love gay/bi people any less.

the bible says it's a sin.

but it also says lying is a sin.

does that mean that we have the right to hate all people who lie?

no!

we ALL lie.

and some people choose to be gay/bi.

and that's okay.

because i care about them exactly the same as anyone else.

we're PEOPLE.

who cares who you love?

yes, it's a sin.

no, it doesn't affect my relationships.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
*mel*
Loyal

Post by *mel* »

Well by Christian standards it's a sin, and most Christians will say, "You'll go to HELL"

But I don't buy that crap. Ok, it may be a sin, but that doesn't mean that you're going to go to hell for it. Because God forgives sins....including being bi, straight or gay. So yes, I think it's a sin (by the Christian standard, lol, if I'm a Christian that day or not pretty much) But I don't believe that you're condemned to hell.....so I didn't vote.
Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

ya know,

im not going to talk on and on about how being gay is OK.

but really, if you were born gay, and thats honestly who you love, think god would want you to be yourself,

accept who you are, as a divine creation.

i dont think he would make you like this, just so you could struggle throught life.

besides, if gods going to hate me because im happy, i dont think thats a god i want to love back.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

God didnt make us robots for a reason you know. If he wanted us all to be alike and like the same things, well he might as well just put stings on our hands and feet and a backround behind us to play with. we arent robots or puppets, we're human beings and aloud to like whoever the hell we want to whether same sex or not. god wants us to be HAPPY. and to be happy sometimes it takes a soul mate, even if it is the same sex :huh:
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

jami, dearest, you know i love you dearly. but i sort of disagree. yes, he wants us to be HAPPY and he doesn't want us to be robots, but he does say that homosexuality is wrong in the bible. again, you guys are all right and God DOES forgive sins and you are not condemned to hell if you are gay/bi and are a christian and repent and all of that good stuff. because God still loves you, and so should the rest of the world. because jami can vouch for this. i love people for who THEY are, not for who they love. jami is one of my dearest friends on this site. and she is bi. but see, i don't look at her and see "someone who is bi" i look at her and see JAMI. who listens to me and cares about me and who i can share anything with.

throwing my two cents in. :)

hugs and prayers, hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

jeff,

it's very cool that you ran a big search on the bible to see what it says and all, but did you ever actually sit down and read it?

it says, quite literally, that homosexuality is a sin.

perhaps that IS just my "interpertation" but the fact that the bible doesn't say it is just another person's "interpertation".

right?

just something to think about.

hannah

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
milkandhoney

Post by milkandhoney »

There's so much hate in this world, what could possibly be wrong with 2 people loving each other? Who cares about their sexual orientation?

On the God issue, if it was God who originally programmed us as human beings, and being gay is the result of the wiring of brain chemicals (like being more prone to depression etc) it couldn't make sense that he damn everyone to hell for that - after all it's nothing to do with having free will or anything. Come on, this is the guy who created the whole of the universe, I'm sure it's got much more important issues to worry about...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by turtbub@Jan 29 2005, 01:48 PM

jeff,

it's very cool that you ran a big search on the bible to see what it says and all, but did you ever actually sit down and read it?

it says, quite literally, that homosexuality is a sin.

perhaps that IS just my "interpertation" but the fact that the bible doesn't say it is just another person's "interpertation".

right?

just something to think about.

hannah

[right][/right]

Yeah i guess, hun....

I never really read the bible and soo will never read the bible in my life - so i really won't see your interperation, but i mean from the people i have talked to its a very vague consept in the bible that will perhaps intend that its bad - but it doens't say that it is a sin...you know?

~Jeff~
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Lisa
Loyal

Post by Lisa »

i am right now "Yeah i think it's against everything i've been taught" i like girls but in the bible it says many times that it's wrong and i dunno i just dont wanna go to hell no matter what anyone tells me
Being gay doesn't make you any more or less of a person, it's who you are and you can't help loving whom you love. -Jess

Life
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

Despite your calm and thought through reasoning Hannah, I would like to point out one little 'flaw'. Yes indeed, there are multiple interpretations possible. I personally find it a sad thing then however, when people decide to go for the lesser humane one. I can't help but wonder, why ? -- It's the same with a lot of Muslims. Many of them consider women to be unequal and below men, because according to them, the koran says so. That is however, nothing more but their own interpretation. In reality, no such thing is actually ever really said in the koran.

Why do people, when given the choice, chose for that which is less humane ?
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 30 2005, 11:51 AM

Why do people, when given the choice, chose for that which is less humane ?

[right][/right]

I dont think that saying "homosexuality is a sin" is less humane.

With the Bible, sure, you CAN interpret it any way you want to, and if you really wanted to, sure, you could interpret it so that God approves of homosexuality. But if you read the whole Bible, (and the message behind it) it makes a lot more sense to interpret it as a sin. People aren't choosing the less humane option because its "less humane" or because they are innately bad and evil (i thought thats perhaps what you were getting at). People choose to believe that the Bible condoms homosexuality because taking the context of the Bible, taking the words that God does not want a man to lie with a man, taking the message behind the Bible (that procreation is what we're here for), it makes more sense to assume the Bible is against homosexuality than it does to assume the Bible promotes it. See where I'm coming from?

And as for answering the Poll: I believe God hates the ACT of homosexuality, not the person. He loves all of us, but I believe he's be upset to see his children indulging in anal sex etc.

So its the act of homosexuality I have a problem with, not the people.
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

Originally posted by archers_angel+Jan 30 2005, 06:58 PM--
[/right]

[/b]
I dont think that saying "homosexuality is a sin" is less humane.

With the Bible, sure, you CAN interpret it any way you want to, and if you really wanted to, sure, you could interpret it so that God approves of homosexuality. But if you read the whole Bible, (and the message behind it) it makes a lot more sense to interpret it as a sin. People aren't choosing the less humane option because its "less humane" or because they are innately bad and evil (i thought thats perhaps what you were getting at). People choose to believe that the Bible condoms homosexuality because taking the context of the Bible, taking the words that God does not want a man to lie with a man, taking the message behind the Bible (that procreation is what we're here for), it makes more sense to assume the Bible is against homosexuality than it does to assume the Bible promotes it. See where I'm coming from?[right][/right][/b][/quote]

That has to be the most naive and retarded thing I've heard in quite a while. And quite frankly, I am not surprised I have to hear it from a religious person. You <<edited cause I do not want to risk being banned can't tell the difference between left or right, let alone interpret an ancient book properly and intelligently.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 30 2005, 05:24 PM

That has to be the most naive and retarded thing I've heard in quite a while. And quite frankly, I am not surprised I have to hear it from a religious person. You <<edited cause I do not want to risk being banned can't tell the difference between left or right, let alone interpret an ancient book properly and intelligently.

[right][/right]

Ok fine, I accept you disagree with me, but rather than name calling, the mature way of debating an issue is to say WHY thats "the most naive and retarded thing you've heard in quite a while". Anyone can disagree with a point, the smart people debate it. What is it exactly about my thought that you found so unreasonable? They seemed logical enough to me.