This I Believe

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

silvertears
Loyal

Re: This I Believe

Post by silvertears »

Originally posted by Tree Fingers+Jan 18 2005, 07:39 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

By no means to be bashful, your beliefs do not coincide with the Bible. Is this just personal beliefs or religious beliefs?

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

What dont you think relates to the bible???those are some of my religious beliefs... i dont get how you wouldnt think it was related to the bible though
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by pynkgodde55@Jan 18 2005, 11:02 AM

I believe that if I am a good person, then yes, I will go to Heaven. I believe that abortion is murder, that homosexuality is a sin. I believe in one God and all others are false idols. I believe that Jesus Christ is the messiah and he died for me so that I will have everlasting life. I blelieve that animals are our neighbors and need to be treated as equal. I believe in humanity, that we are all here for the same purpose, and that we shouldn't judge others. In every way, I am a Christian.

[right][/right]

I agree that Jesus Christ is the true Messiah, but just being a good person wont allow you to enter into the kingdom on Heaven....Jonh 3:3 says " Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God"....and John 3:5 says, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God"
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 21 2005, 02:22 PM

No offense, but calling homosexuality a sin, is outrageous.

Who are you to judge someone else by their behavior or sexual preference? You're not god. Heck, not even god is worthy of judging us. He created us, and abandoned us. That is, if you believe in god at all. I don't. Fables don't give me hope, reality does.

[right][/right]

Please dont take this the wring way, I'm only trying the help the best way that I possibly can with the help of God and His Word.

We are not judging ppl by their "sexual preference", we are just simply telling it the way the Bible tells it. The Bible says that it is wrong to be gay, and nobody else, not me, not you can say it any other way. I myself am a Christian so I try my best to follow God's Word and it tells me that being gay is very wrong and sinful. God never "abandoned" us either, He created us because He wanted to, and its YOUR choice to come to Him, He tried to come to everyone, but ppl reject Him and all the promises and gifts He has for us. He sent His only begotten Son to die for us(John 3:16) Now if thats not love, then I dont know what is. He wants you and everyone else to come and join His family and make it to His Kingdom that He has gone to prepare for us, and someday soon will come back to get His people to take to that Heavenly Home.
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 20 2005, 11:59 AM

I believe that god made us to die.

I hope god visits pynkgodde55 soon. Her sin list is a sin on it's own.

[right][/right]

My friend, God never made you nor anybody else to die, He wants us to have eternal life, and spend it with Him in Heaven.

There is forgiveness for the sins that you have committed, God said that He would forgive your sins if you ask Him to. He also wants you to ask Him to come into your heart, and accept Him as your Savior and Lord.
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 20 2005, 11:59 AM

I believe that god made us to die.

I hope god visits pynkgodde55 soon. Her sin list is a sin on it's own.

[right][/right]

I have one question to ask, "Where do YOU want to go once you die and leave this world?" That is a question to seriously think about. You have ONLY 2 options, Heaven or Hell......which one will you choose? In Heaven, you will have eternal happiness, no more pain, no more death, and best of all you get to spend it with the one true God.........or on the other hand, you can choose hell, and be tormented for all eternity and be in alot of pain and misery and spend it with the prince of darkness satan......its your choice......
rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel »

Will probably offend people somehow... :wacko:

I believe there is a God, I do not believe that Jesus ever existed though. I believe that you do not have to go to church to worship God, you can do that anywhere. I do not believe homosexuality to be a sin, I believe that something is a sin only if you have intentionally hurt someone. I do not believe in hell or the devil, but I do believe in some kind of heaven, I also believe that everyone is welcome there, no matter what their beliefs, colour, sexuality, as long as you have not intentionally hurt anyone.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by rogueangel@Feb 1 2005, 11:10 AM

Will probably offend people somehow... :wacko:

I believe there is a God, I do not believe that Jesus ever existed though. I believe that you do not have to go to church to worship God, you can do that anywhere. I do not believe homosexuality to be a sin, I believe that something is a sin only if you have intentionally hurt someone. I do not believe in hell or the devil, but I do believe in some kind of heaven, I also believe that everyone is welcome there, no matter what their beliefs, colour, sexuality, as long as you have not intentionally hurt anyone.

[right][/right]

That is actually pretty good, hun...

What you are saying is good and i believe makes a lot of sence...

You believe in god but you don't believe in all the additional religious go-ga...

and the sinning thing is a good motto, though im sure some people will argue that homosexuality does hurt people - AFA people...but it truely doesn't...

:hug:

Good job, hunny! :)

~Jeff~
Dark
Loyal

Post by Dark »

Originally posted by GodsChild7+Jan 31 2005, 09:34 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Please dont take this the wring way, I'm only trying the help the best way that I possibly can with the help of God and His Word.

We are not judging ppl by their "sexual preference", we are just simply telling it the way the Bible tells it. The Bible says that it is wrong to be gay, and nobody else, not me, not you can say it any other way. I myself am a Christian so I try my best to follow God's Word and it tells me that being gay is very wrong and sinful. God never "abandoned" us either, He created us because He wanted to, and its YOUR choice to come to Him, He tried to come to everyone, but ppl reject Him and all the promises and gifts He has for us. He sent His only begotten Son to die for us(John 3:16) Now if thats not love, then I dont know what is. He wants you and everyone else to come and join His family and make it to His Kingdom that He has gone to prepare for us, and someday soon will come back to get His people to take to that Heavenly Home.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

No offense, but how many times has the Bible been translated? Humans sin, and I personally can't believe that throughout all of these translations, someone didn't stick in their own two bits. Not to mention (yet again, no offense), but living your life by the Bible? I see so many people do this, and it causes them to be horribly close-minded. Do *you* think that all of this is wrong? If you *truly* believe that you are with God, wouldn't He aid you in helping make good judgments? The Bible is only a mortal conception of His word, not His direct word...Do you see Him saying it? Do you hear His words in your mind, nay, in your soul? The things written in the Bible are merely a collection of things that have been retold countless times, and stories change as they get passed down. Not only this, but not all details are clear. Man makes mistakes. God doesn't. If He is with you, then surely he would guide you, no? You don't need a book to dictate your life..You only need yourself and Him.

Wow..All this odd dialogue, and I'm not even Christian...But, please, I just wish people would see this...The Bible is literally causing a lot of trouble, because people aren't people anymore, they just have the "solutions" to all of their problems in this one supposed book...It makes no sense to me, that if God is with you, why would you have to rely on the Bible? It makes good guidelines, nice inspirational stories, but, my word...It's been causing people to judge others with such a horrible preconception...

Again, I meant no offense...I just want people to be a bit more open-minded...And I'm not saying you should, your life, your choice, but it's just a suggestion...
Beautiful:I thought this was helping teens.. not i wanna be a whore, profit my videos?
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Originally posted by Dark+Feb 1 2005, 06:14 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

No offense, but how many times has the Bible been translated? Humans sin, and I personally can't believe that throughout all of these translations, someone didn't stick in their own two bits. Not to mention (yet again, no offense), but living your life by the Bible? I see so many people do this, and it causes them to be horribly close-minded. Do *you* think that all of this is wrong? If you *truly* believe that you are with God, wouldn't He aid you in helping make good judgments? The Bible is only a mortal conception of His word, not His direct word...Do you see Him saying it? Do you hear His words in your mind, nay, in your soul? The things written in the Bible are merely a collection of things that have been retold countless times, and stories change as they get passed down. Not only this, but not all details are clear. Man makes mistakes. God doesn't. If He is with you, then surely he would guide you, no? You don't need a book to dictate your life..You only need yourself and Him.

Wow..All this odd dialogue, and I'm not even Christian...But, please, I just wish people would see this...The Bible is literally causing a lot of trouble, because people aren't people anymore, they just have the "solutions" to all of their problems in this one supposed book...It makes no sense to me, that if God is with you, why would you have to rely on the Bible? It makes good guidelines, nice inspirational stories, but, my word...It's been causing people to judge others with such a horrible preconception...

Again, I meant no offense...I just want people to be a bit more open-minded...And I'm not saying you should, your life, your choice, but it's just a suggestion...

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

"It makes no sense to me, that if God is with you, why would you have to rely on the Bible?"

I understand what you are saying, but to try to HELP (im not sayin I will necessarily) you understand is, God is with you, at all times day and night. But you need to be "holy" or obedient to recieve his gifts, which I consider good choices, or judgement call it what you want, to be a gift because I know that I need work on it too. And I believe that the bible helps people to understand what they need to do to be obedient and do good or what the bible says is good..

"It makes good guidelines, nice inspirational stories, but, my word...It's been causing people to judge others with such a horrible preconception..."

Alot of people believe (or seem to believe) that Christians are hypocrites or even liars. Well id say some of them are, but that dont mean they all are. That could very well ALSO be something that they are praying to get help on.. I know that christians arent perfect but no one really is... I know people "in sin" can be just as nice or nicer then christians...
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
Dark
Loyal

Post by Dark »

:huh: So let me get this straight...In order to feel "holy" you need some book made by man? One can be holy or obeideint without having to follow these. I'd like to think I was back when I was Christian, and I never read the Bible or even went to church. I felt that I didn't need any person telling me stories or whatnot in order to be one with God. I followed the Ten Commandments (and still do, except for a few, because I'm a *really* bad heretic) because I believe that man didn't corrupt those in any shapre, form or fashion.

Indeed, I used to think that most all Christians were a bunch of hypocrites because they say all of these things are bad, then go out and do it themselves, until I realised that it's their lives, and they may just not agree with that portion of Christianity. And even those of them trying to strive for perfection in the religion will come along a few rough spots, and whether or not they mean for something hypocritical to happen, it happens, and well, mankind isn't perfect..We all make mistakes. But that has nothing to do with others preconcepted ideas about others, i.e. homosexuals and people from other religions. Most everyone at my school (this is no exaggeration) that are Christian thinks I'm like, a horrible horrible person morally...*points to Bible* I blame that, personally...
Beautiful:I thought this was helping teens.. not i wanna be a whore, profit my videos?
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Jan 18 2005, 09:38 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

How in the world can you even COMPARE homosexualtiy to those other things?

My thoughts of "badness" 1-10 (one being not bad at all 10 being super bad)

Homosexuality: 1

Adultery: 5

Abortion: 1

Murder: 10

Lying: 5

Animal Abuse: 10

i don't see how you can group those together...in that list all i really see as really bad is animal abuse and murder...adultry and lying are bad but hey were human...abortion and homosexuality IN NO way, hun, is bad...haha...

:)

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

ok i dont see how an animal could rank higher on your badnss scale (which i see as skewed) then killing babies ABORTION IS MURDER no matter which way you look at it Jeff i dont know where you went wrong but somehow you got things way out of perspective-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by LostMySanity@Feb 2 2005, 08:30 AM

ok i dont see how an animal could rank higher on your badnss scale (which i see as skewed) then killing babies ABORTION IS MURDER no matter which way you look at it Jeff i dont know where you went wrong but somehow you got things way out of perspective-MARY

[right][/right]

well i love animals and have repect for them...

maybe i over-stated the animal abuse...its more like an 8ish-9...

But abortion isn't wrong because its not born...you know?

~Jeff~
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 1 2005, 05:12 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Thats your believe...

Its not really a choice if its not something that you believe in nor something that you wish to take part in...

If there is in the end a god or w/e and he sends me to hell for not believing in him, then oh well...

People believe that hell is extreamly bad only because its made-up...

But, no my friend, you can't just say that there is those two places - period...

Because i believe that after we die our body, soul, and everything else is placed 6 ft. underground were it will remain there for good...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Yes that is my belief and noone can ever change that......I've said this before, the Lord is coming back for His children and you will be judged at some given time by God Himself. Whether you believe it will happen or not is your choice, but it IS going to happen no matter who all believes in it......When judgment is passed on you, you will either go to Heaven or to Hell...there is no "6 feet under", that would be paradise compared to hell.......
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by GodsChild7+Feb 3 2005, 04:38 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Thats your believe...

Its not really a choice if its not something that you believe in nor something that you wish to take part in...

If there is in the end a god or w/e and he sends me to hell for not believing in him, then oh well...

But, no my friend, you can't just say that there is those two places - period...

Because i believe that after we die our body, soul, and everything else is placed 6 ft. underground were it will remain there for good...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Yes that is my belief and noone can ever change that......I've said this before, the Lord is coming back for His children and you will be judged at some given time by God Himself. Whether you believe it will happen or not is your choice, but it IS going to happen no matter who all believes in it......When judgment is passed on you, you will either go to Heaven or to Hell...there is no "6 feet under", that would be paradise compared to hell.......

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

No matter what you believe, I believe that it is impossible for God to exist. Also, I believe that the idea in heaven or hell is completely ludicrus, and a cop-out. I'm sorry to respond in such a manner, but it is offending to me for my own beliefs to be degraded by another person. Although I belief that your beliefs are entirely ignorant and completely illogical, because logically God cannot exist in terms by which christians see God to exist. So, please do not tell me that I am going to heaven or hell because frankly, when you die, I die, and everyone else dies, you are merely dead and there is nothing more. That's better than living your life in guilt and terror.

Also, Free Will is a joke, too.
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by Tree Fingers+Feb 3 2005, 07:35 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Thats your believe...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

No matter what you believe, I believe that it is impossible for God to exist. Also, I believe that the idea in heaven or hell is completely ludicrus, and a cop-out. I'm sorry to respond in such a manner, but it is offending to me for my own beliefs to be degraded by another person. Although I belief that your beliefs are entirely ignorant and completely illogical, because logically God cannot exist in terms by which christians see God to exist. So, please do not tell me that I am going to heaven or hell because frankly, when you die, I die, and everyone else dies, you are merely dead and there is nothing more. That's better than living your life in guilt and terror.

Also, Free Will is a joke, too.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

honestly I am sorry that you feel that way.....I dont know if there is anything that I can say to convince you that God is VERY MUCH real and VERY MUCH alive......I know that you may not believe that there is a heaven or a hell, and i wish that I was able to show you somehow that they BOTH are real and everybody will go to ONE of the two.......Another thing is free will isnt a joke, free will was given to us so that we could make our own decisions.....God was hoping that we would make the right ones, but sadly everyone of us have made wrongs one sometime or another...........but thats where forgiveness comes in tho....God is SOO awesome and wonderful if you give Him a chance....
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by GodsChild7@Feb 3 2005, 05:38 PM

[right][/right]

Its not what you have that makes something great - its who you have...

So if i go to hell but have friends down there it will be the best...you know?

Oh well...if i go to hell i go to hell...if i go to heaven i go to heaven...if i rest 6 ft. under i rest 6 ft. under...

I honostly don't care what happens...religion to me gets more and more of a joke every day...

~Jeff~
rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 1 2005, 04:14 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

That is actually pretty good, hun...

What you are saying is good and i believe makes a lot of sence...

You believe in god but you don't believe in all the additional religious go-ga...

and the sinning thing is a good motto, though im sure some people will argue that homosexuality does hurt people - AFA people...but it truely doesn't...

Good job, hunny! :)

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

It took me ages to get to this point, I've probably professed to every religion there is at some point, but I decided it was easier to not have a set religion, but a set of beliefs made up of things you liked from different religions.

And while that probably won't make sense to some people, & will probably offend/upset a whole lot more, they are my beliefs & I didn't ask anyone else to follow them because I myself wouldn't take kindly to someone shoving their beliefs in my face and telling me that's what's right, and that's that.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

I don't think anyone will be offended, but i think they will respect the fact that you are what you want to be and beleive in what you want to believe in...

liek you dont' bend who are to accomindate the religioon..

:hug: I personally think its a good choice...Its like what i did sept i dont believe in god...i beleive in what i want to beleive in and what affects me and what fits my personality

~Jeff~