Sick Of Softening What I Believe

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

turtbub
Veteran

Re: Sick Of Softening What I Believe

Post by turtbub »

So much to say.

I'll start by talking to each of you individually, sort it all out you know.

jeff: thanks so much. i've always really appreciated the way that you have different views than me, but still respect my views. and i hope you know that i do the same for you. :)

andi: as i said, i really don't judge people who are gay/bi or any of it. the bible says it's a sin. and i agree. that doesn't mean i love gay/bi people any differently. as i see it, that is completely minor in their character. for example, i don't introduce myself as "hi, i'm hannah and i'm straight!" who CARES who i love? no one. but that doesn't change the fact that it's a sin. i still love the people. just not the action. (and please don't say that i'm blindly following the bible, this is my own opinion)

jen: yay. it's so nice to hear such positive feedback after pouring myself out like that. thank you for making me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. :hug:

j: yes. you are 100% right. God is a God of love. the bible says "God is love" how much clearer can it be? and yes, he still does love you even if you are bisexual. just like he loves me every time i sin. but, i'm still sinning. say i tell a lie. and then another. and another and keep lying every day for the rest of my life. does God still love me? yes. am i still sinning? yes. so, i'll happily agree to disagree with you j. but i really appreciate you putting your views out there. and no, you're not belittling my belief by saying how you feel. just expressing yours. mine is solid. yours is solid. i disagree with you. you disagree with me. that doesn't mean we are enemies. i hope that makes sense

And thanks guys, for all the great replies. I love that you all support me taking a stand on my beliefs. :)

Major love and prayers,

Hannah :wub:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

no i wasnt saying anything about you personally...i was seriously just wondering about the gay thing...like why does it say it in the bible? what's so bad about it? i mean i dont read the bible but i'm pretty sure that there isnt a list in there that says "sins" and lists a million things under it...does the bible give an explination? sorry if i sound stupid...my parents hated church when they were kids so they never went as adults...so i never went [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#/blushing.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blushing.gif' /
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

no, you don't sound stupid at all.

and no, the bible doesn't give a "list of sins".

but, it does say that homosexuality is a sin.

i'll find the verse for you and put it in here.

don't worry.

and, don't ever be sorry for asking questions.

that's what we're here for. :)

hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

Post by lordoftheunderworld »

i am proud of u for putting up this post. it realy took a lot of courage that many dont have so i am proud of u for putting it up but i have some dissagrements i was raised pure and simple catholic and lutheran but i dissagree with both of them on some lvls.my belief is that with heaven and hell its not what u see its what is realy there. those are just 2 of the 4 plains of existence. the other two are earth our whole solar system where essenciate life is and them oblivion where if u decide not to stay as a image on earth or if u dont want to go to heaven but u dont desserve hell then u can go to oblivion where u no longer exist and its like u never did. also some are proven unworthy of heaven and sentinced to hell before they are created and they have no say in the matter they dont find out till its to late. u go to hell and u live a life to just be recreated in another life and forget what u have done and this cycle will continue untill u can rise up and take your knowledge back and use it to correct what u were going to do that was so wrong. many people die searching for answers that they wont ever find till they die. the tomes of old have been sealed and drifted away with time and the only true way to live is to accept that u have fallen from glory and u must pick your self up piece by piece untill you death awaits and only then shall u know if u are good and kindred or your predestiond fate will rule u. thats what i think. ahhh what do i know hope u guys have a good day.
<div class=\'quotetop\'QUOTE<div class=\'quotemain\' the world hates to hate but doesnt love the only thing that keeps us going is the relization that we are only one and we can do nothing. why does it hurt then if i see her go why do i end up in pain if i walk away. what made this so hard what pushed us so far. please tell me the reason for it all.
if any of u wonder about if there is a god and if he will do anything the answer is no. he hates u all. mwahahahahahaha im just joking u god loves u all i just wanted to see if any one reads these quotes.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

:)

thanks lordoftheunderworld.

i really appreciate getting such positive feedback.

makes me glad i posted this.

and reminds me why i love you people on this site.

thanks again, really.

hannah

lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

ahh i just like to pust up info where i have it. i care for people and i hope i didnt or dont affend anyone with what i said and i hope it gives u any answers u wanted or are looking for. i do hope u all have wonderful days and live strong and love well. for u all are heros in my eyes. i hope some day every one has the courage to tell people there problems or to help people through theres. u are all great people. lots of hugs. ahhh there i go again being mushy. ahhhh ok thats anough. i hope u have good days and if any one wants to discuss this farther with me then i am happy i will keep a open mind no matter what. u all are great people and i respect u all.
<div class=\'quotetop\'QUOTE<div class=\'quotemain\' the world hates to hate but doesnt love the only thing that keeps us going is the relization that we are only one and we can do nothing. why does it hurt then if i see her go why do i end up in pain if i walk away. what made this so hard what pushed us so far. please tell me the reason for it all.
if any of u wonder about if there is a god and if he will do anything the answer is no. he hates u all. mwahahahahahaha im just joking u god loves u all i just wanted to see if any one reads these quotes.
JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

I am a Moravian, pretty much we have looser views on Christianity and what not.

I don't exactly agree with the same things that you do, but I believe in living a good and moral life.

I believe homosexuality is not a sin if it's what you are destined to be.

I believe that anybody can go to heaven, and if you don't believe in God, you can simply either die, or proceed onto wherever you believe *ei, other religions have other "heavens"*

I do not believe it is horrible to have sex before marriage, but I do believe in waiting until you've found someone you love.

I believe also, that the bible is meant to be interpreted symbolically, not literally. Times change from when the bible was written, rules have changed along with that.

However, I think it's awesome that you don't push your beliefs on others. what causes problems with religion is when two people clash, yet continue trying to push their belief system on the other. You've come to realize we all have our beliefs, and that's important. Besides, as long as you yourself remain a good person who treats others well, regardless of race, sex, sexual preferences, etc, you will always be a good person in my opinion. :)
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

andi,

I read your post about the bible talking about being gay, and I thought that I would tell some scriptures that talks about it....Hope it helps :)

Leviticus 20:11-21 (its talks about other things than just being gay, but I thought that they might be helpful)

There are more, but I cant remember them exactly right now, but when I find them , I will let you know if you want...
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Thanks Godschild! Sorry andi that I wasn't on top of posting verses in here for you like I said I would. :( Bad Hannah. *Slaps hand*.

But I'm glad that Godschild was here to show you right from the bible where it says it!!

And big thanks to JazzisLove and Lordoftheunderworld. :) You both seem fabulous and I appreciate you posting.

hugs and love, Hannah

lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

ahh thx hannah hugs and love back. normaly i dont post in these types of topics because i dont like to get in trouble. last time i told my beliefs i was almost expelled from school and went to court on it and a bunch of stuff so i just want to say thanks again for starting this post it allows me to put in my stuff without fret.

its nice to have people that like to just post there beliefs and stuff. well ill have to find some of my posts and diffrent clips from books for u guys to read. they are way out there though so i will warn u. well i like u guys and i think your good people.oh and dont think that there totaly:evil: and stuff couse there not there just difficult to read. takes a little bit to get use to. ill try to translate them but its been like 2 years since i last read one of the tomes so ull have to forgive me. ohh if any of u know about kungin or arcanium then let me know.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

you're quite welcome.

and i must say you seem like an amazing person.

i'm glad this post is helping you like it's helped me.

and i hope you'll pm me soon and we can talk, because you seem simply fabulous. :)

more hugs and love, hannah

InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 »

:rolleyes: this is one of the things that i really dont get....yes you have to "soften" your beliefs once in awhile, but everyone goes on and on about how its oh soooo hard to be a christian....when no, it really isnt.

A lot of the world is christian, the majority of America is christian, and the line between the (christian!!) church and state is slowly fading thanks to the idiot whos on the throne...*cough* i mean in the white house. being a christian means being accepted by so many people and whenever you stand up and make a big deal out of it like that, its basically waiting for people to pat you on the back and say they are 'pleased with things'.

Im not saying thats why you did it. and im seriously not trying to rain on your parade. But being christian is a HECK of a lot easier than being pagan - tell me, how many people are 'proud of you' and 'congratulate you' on deciding to be pagan? Not very many.

Just thought id put in my two cents about how things like this really bother me. :yawn:
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

And I knew these posts would come.

I'm surprised there's not more of them, to be honest.

I respect your right to politely disagree.

But no, I don't think you need to "soften" your beliefs.

Ever.

And I will gladly let you disagree.

If you let me believe how I do, I'll do the same for you.

And I think that's very fair.

Hugs and prayers, Hannah

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

This is why you're such a cool person Hannah. You never ever force your beliefs onto someone, but you always listen to others beliefs and say what you belief, but you never try to shove your belief onto another person. And thats cool and wonderful. And I respect you for that hun :P Always be true to yourself. Yes, I may disagree with some of your beliefs, but does it matter at the end of the day, as long as you like the person and not let yourself be prejudiced by their belief or race etc? :hug:
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

:) thank you so much. that's such a fabulous thing to say and to let me know and i appreciate it so much. and you're 100% right. we should always be true to ourselves, always love before judging, and never prejudice. and that's what makes this world liveable. :)

thanks again.

i really appreciate it.

:hug: hannah

lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

wow u are a extremly nice person hannah and i realy like it. it is realy cool how u have not tried to be forcefull at all and how u have just kept a cool calm head on every thing. i realy like the way u handle things so that no one is hurt. it is realy admirable of u to be so open minded. ohh and for the person that said they were pagan i applaud u to. u came out with it. see at least u have guts to come out and let most of the world know. i havent told any one my religions at all. so realy i should talk in these matters. but i think it was realy cool how u let people know even though u know u will have some people that make a big deal out of it u still do it. that is realy admirable to. i salute u. in all your glory. well i think this post is going well and i hope u guys continue discussing this.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

aw thank you again!

you saying that makes me really happy.

and i appreciate it so much.

i'm definitely pming you, because i think you seem fabulous and i would love to get to know you more.

and thanks again. :)

lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

any time hannah u dont know this but i am very open ever since i was young i helped people or tried i even had a phone line for it once that people use to call me at any time of the day. i mean any time and id just talk to them and try to help them. i love to try to help because frankly my life has sucked a lot so i feel a need to help other people with there lifes so they dont make mistakes i have made. id rather see the populace in a state of comfort and love then to have to face the demons that haunt them so i take little bits of there problems and a little of the weight they cary and take it with me to attract those demons my way so they can have a little peace. so far im carrying the weight of around 6,800 somthin people. i know this because i had a record of people i helped so that i could remember them. so i just love to help them because i relized a while ago that it would be better for just one person to be crushed by the weight of the world then to have thousands die because of there problems. so i took a vow a while ago that i would take as much pain and suffering from other people and keep taking it till they were fine and relived and keep doing this for as many people as possible until the weight eventually crushes me and in that instant i will be able to think back and hope that all those people over the years can live a little bit of a better life because of me. so yes i have prepared my self for the ultimate sacrifice just for other people because this is how i am. so yeah np with replying to u. and any one that read this i will help u in any way that i have to. dont worry and dont think that u dont want to bother me with it because thats what i dedicated my life to and i want to be there for u. please let me make the sacrifice for u for i have prepared my self and u desserve a better life and it shouldnt be your problem let it be mine. i hope u will all listen to this in faith and let me help. :D dont worry i can a few more ;) ,lol peace to u all. till we meet.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

i was right.

you're fabulous.

and i am quite enjoying our pm conversations.

lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

well im glad u think im wonderful and im glad that the pm conversations are working for u. if u have any questions just ask them no matter how personal they are i will answer the best i can. i feel like opening up for once so go ahead. hope i didnt freak any one with what i said earlier it would be a shame if i did and they didnt want to talk to me. i hope u all do well in your lifes and remember i will share your weight for that is my one dearest belief so please help me fulfill it plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for me cause im so darn cute. tehehe. well i hope u all have great lives, as iv said this like 50 times wow thats a lot. well talk to me people.