Un-sure

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

andi
Loyal

Un-sure

Post by andi »

Okay, i was laying in bed tonight and i finally figured out what my problem is in regards to religion. You see, i'm Christian (although i dont go to church or ne thing) and i believe in God and heaven and hell..but i've never been 100% sure about it all...some people seem to be so sure that this is the way it works..but i'm not. I started questioning religion about nine years ago...and i finally figured out why...

There are so many other religions in the world...and they cant all be right...so how do you know which one is right? i mean some people even believe that when you die, that's it you're dead. I really dont *think* that's the case...but how do i know for sure? i belive in one god, others believe in mulitple gods...how do i know which one is right? i'm just sooo confused...i mean either there is one god, or muliple gods or no gods...but it cant be all three...can it??? someone please say something to comfort my troubled mind...i'm going crazy here! :wacko:

thanks

andi
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
pynkgodde55
Loyal

Re: Un-sure

Post by pynkgodde55 »

I have faith. I don't need proof to know that He's real because I feel Him in my heart. I hear Him, see Him. Can you trust in him that he is real? Put your faith in him and He will guide you. To quote George Michael, "You gotta have faith".
[center]Image[/center]

[center]Xanga/MySpace[/center][center]Wanna Know More about Jen?[/center]
rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel »

They are all right. I believe that whatever you believe as an individual is right.

Take Care :hug:

Sam x
andi
Loyal

Post by andi »

so does that mean that if i believe that when you die you get to swim in a pool of jello for all eternity then its what really happens? i just dont believe that they can all be right...arg this is frustraiting...because no one knows FOR SURE 100% what happens :'(
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

All of them aren't right, but maybe none of them are, no one really knows.

Personally, I believe in Jesus. He's the only way to Heaven for me, but other people are stuck to believing in multiple gods or 6 armed gods or whatever.

Just stick with what you think sounds right. Have faith in it, because it's your belief, your god(s).

If you ever need to talk to me about anything, I'm here. I love discussing religion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

I believe thaty He is very real......Just as others said, go with what is in your heart and seek out the help from others, people will help.....I am a Christian as well and I think that each and everyone of us have had our moments where we doubted and got a little confused, but just stick with God and continue praying, believing that He will help you.....
JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I am unsure too, I think it is because everyone believes that they are right, and at this day an age almost every religion or set of beliefs and morals is acceptable to society...and even those that aren't accepted in today's society have their roots (like the old medieval belief in witches and witch hunts).

It is hard to accept other people's beliefs while still staying firm on your own. It's a paradox...how can you agree with someone's ideas if they are completely opposite to what you believe?

I think it is also hard because, especially now, everything is changing...the whole world is about this society of advancement and enrichment, and change. Ideas that were absurd in the 20th century are mainstream today (divorces, women doing 'men' jobs, homosexuality). And probably tomorrow, things that we used to believe in will be fought and challenged.

That is the hardest thing of all...when you have created your foundation of belief and suddenly have to knock it down, or you have to change it. I feel like I have to start from scratch all over again...what do I really believe in?? What does my heart say?

And plus, it's so hard to establish an individual belief system, when you think of it. You are brought up with a family who says one thing, a school system that might say another thing, and a priest who says something else. And then you wake up and realize they can't all be right. Who do you trust? And then friends will persuade you another way. For me, establishing a belief system is all about fighting between the sides that are trying to lure you in...who do you believe more?

Then again, this is said by me, who can't exactly think for herself. So there we go.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Here's the thing.

It is insanely hard to settle down and just decide to believe something.

Insanely hard.

It's a huge step.

Because, what happens after death?

We can't all be right.

So that means that some of us are wrong, and will get a big surprise after death.

But that's where faith comes into play.

Literally defined, faith-(n)firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

It's all about knowing that you can't know, and accepting that that's okay. You trust enough to believe it anyway.

We all have doubts, sweetie.

It's part of human nature to go through trials and doubts and confusion.

But in the end, our faith has to come into play.

PM me anytime.

I'm here for you dear.

Hugs and prayers, Hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

the way i look at it - live ur life, get as much as u possibly can out of it, enjoy every moment, and dont worry so much about all that stuff, i guess we'll see which religion was 'right' or 'wrong' when we die
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come