Huh?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

SurfRob11

Huh?

Post by SurfRob11 »

I dont get it. Why should i believe in god? What makes anyone think there is a god? I juts don't understand how everyone can just blindly follow something like this. No one has proof that theres a god. So you just gotta have faith right? If people don't have enough faith to give money to a homeless person because they are afraid hes going to buy booze, how the hell am i supposed to have faith that theres someone who will bring me to a higher place when i die or something? i just dont get it. hopefully someone can help me out.
StressedOut
Loyal

Re: Huh?

Post by StressedOut »

im not trying to force you to believe anything i say:

look at the beautiful natural features of the world: the Grand Canyon, the coral reefs, the beautiful beaches, leaves changing and magnificicent sunsets and sunrises

surely, someone had to have created those that way so it forms harmony with the world
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

You are right, faith it what makes us believe in God and the things that He does for us....I cant explain it but its like I know that He is here with us everywhere that we go...And like what StressedOut said, somebody had to have created this world and everything in it...It didnt just one day appear, someone made it..and that someone is God...
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Believing in God is ridiculously hard.

Because, we can't see Him.

We can't hear Him.

We can't have conversations with Him or touch Him or walk next to Him.

But, I'm going to bring up that cliche wind example, because it fits this perfectly.

You can't see the wind.

You can't have conversations with the wind.

You can't touch the wind.

But you can feel the wind, and you can see the affects of the wind as it ruffles through tree leaves and blows things across the ground.

You can also feel and see the affects of God.

You can feel Him when you are praying, or walking, or thinking about Him and you get that little whisper of a touch or the hairs on your neck stand up just so slightly.

You can see his affects in the world around you.

Look at the sky, the trees, the grass, your hand, a baby, anything. Look at the beautiful complex design of a master creator.

You can also see His affects in all of the miracles that have happened, not by chance or luck but by a God who cares.

People don't have faith that a homeless man will use the money for food but to buy booze because a) people are completely untrusting of other people and b) homeless people are often on the streets for alcohol or drug problems. Sad, but true.

And yeah, it's hard to have faith.

But once you think about it and search out all your options and finally settle on one, you'll have enough faith to believe that everything will work out.

I hope I helped.

Prayers, Hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by StressedOut@Feb 26 2005, 11:46 PM

im not trying to force you to believe anything i say:

look at the beautiful natural features of the world: the Grand Canyon, the coral reefs, the beautiful beaches, leaves changing and magnificicent sunsets and sunrises

surely, someone had to have created those that way so it forms harmony with the world

[right][/right]

Everything you have stated has logical reasoning:

Astroids...

photokenisis (i think thats the right word ~~~ plants at the bottem of the ocean...its the algae w/ the other plants down there)

Rocks being eroded down to fine sand that is washed up on shore...

The earths rotation around the sun...

God is not the reason for any of this...its science, life, and astronomy...

~Jeff~
StressedOut
Loyal

Post by StressedOut »

jeff, i am well aware of the scientific processes of nature,

but god makes it so they go together in harmony
Image Season 7 Begins- January 2009
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

okay, one. theres no proof there is a god, but theres no proof there ISNT a god, either. yes. you do have to have faith, but, come on. everything has FAITH. anyway. i dont know what to say other then that.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
lordoftheunderworld
Loyal

Post by lordoftheunderworld »

there isnt any proof of a god but there are many who belive how could that be. its the fact that many people know that there is a strong possibility that there is no god or that he is gone or somthing along those lines but they dont admit it because they want to belive in somthing. think about it when your on your death bed it would be better to belive that u will go some where and have purpose after death then to just rot in the ground. god is a comfort. now i dont belive in the god that every one belives in but i do belive in diffrent religions. god is not here to be here he is here to make us feel. think of it u feel compelled by stuff and so it makes u feel other things. all that god is here for is to make us live and make us have great lives. it is merely a force as a guide line so that we can find happiness and salvation its not like there is any real proof of it u just belive if u want to if u dont then u dont there is no obligation at all twards it. many religions say there is a being of great power and importance but they also say that he guides so that we can belive in somthing to bring us happiness. it is just there so that u can have some breif happiness. u dont have to belive but it is nice to belive.
<div class=\'quotetop\'QUOTE<div class=\'quotemain\' the world hates to hate but doesnt love the only thing that keeps us going is the relization that we are only one and we can do nothing. why does it hurt then if i see her go why do i end up in pain if i walk away. what made this so hard what pushed us so far. please tell me the reason for it all.
if any of u wonder about if there is a god and if he will do anything the answer is no. he hates u all. mwahahahahahaha im just joking u god loves u all i just wanted to see if any one reads these quotes.
dead rose
Needs Another Hobby

Post by dead rose »

i believe and its more than just saying you believe in something, you have to feel it in your heart. i never used to believe but i do now and let me tell you it really has changed mylife. im not going to sit her and tell you to go believe bcuz you cant force someone to believe, you just cant..its for everyone to decided on there own. so if you believe then awesome and if you dont then great...its your life. dont know how much this related to the first post but oh well...ill go now.
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Each person has their own story. Some of defined experiences that prove in their own lives that yes, there is a God. So maybe those experiences just don't cut it for us. As some others have tried explaining, the very essence of nature. The functionality of our world it's most simplistic, yet mass of complicated connections works. For instance, can you tell me the reason of the beating of the heart? The real WHY the heart beats? Don't tell me to sustain your life, to pump blood through your body, etc. Give me a reason why without this function, others of the body wouldn't work... why oxygen is just what we need to breathe into our lungs. Why would these things so interconnected be so random? Questions to ponder.

It takes a great deal of faith to be sure. Human nature tells us that we are afraid that the man on the street is going to go buy booze instead of putting the money to good use. But we are "men of little faith" who seem unable to help this lack of faith in people. We are untrusting and cruel, and maybe this is a hardening of hearts by things such as news reports of the evil injustices that are a regular, daily occurence for us. But remember, there are few and far between who will see that man on the side of the street and think, well... maybe he will spend this money on booze, but hopefully after he's done being hungover, he'll remember that some good person with even the tiniest of faith and goodness of heart gave them what they could. Faith is a concept we wish we could fully understand, even for those that really have faith that God is out there watching down upon us.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet