What Do You Believe?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

GodsChild7
Loyal

What Do You Believe?

Post by GodsChild7 »

I was just wanting to better understand how other people believe. What do you believe in when it comes to religion? and why?
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Re: What Do You Believe?

Post by Paris In Flames »

There is no god. There is no proof god exists. Science disproves creationism. There is more evidence for the Big Bang Theory than there is for creationism.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

I Believe in God, even though I don't understand him.

I Believe in Jesus, both as a historical figure, and as God's Son.

I Believe God indirectly created the Universe and everything in it. Its too amazing to be left to chance&probability.

I don't, however, believe in many of the Bible stories in the Old Testament. I believe they are to be interpreted symbolically, not literally.
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

I don't know what to believe. I'm scared to say that I believe there is no God, because there's that possibility of going to hell. But I don't like saying that I do believe in God because there's that slight feeling of ignorance, since he may not be real.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Of course he may not be real, we can't possibly say for sure either way.

But believing in God DOES NOT make you ignorant, and let nobody tell you otherwise.

Belief is about FAITH, about there being no proof, yet trusting anyway. And its not stupid or naive to do so.

Look around you. Think of how babies are born; how life keeps on going. To me, thats too ordered to be down to the luck of a few atoms bumping into each other coiincidentally.

This is taken from one of Adnama's posts a really long time ago about why she believes (I hope you don't mind me using this Amanda. I think its an amazing way to sum up why I believe.)

"Because the sky is blue and the grass is green, because its hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and summer and winter are at the same time every year. I'm a christian because the theory of evolution is side splitingly hilarioius. I'm a christian because there are lady bugs and butterflies. I am a christian because i breath, and think, because my heart beats. I'm a christian because thats what makes the most sence to me in a world of utter sencelessness. I'm a christian because there are so many things that science cant explain. And i could go on, and on, and on, and on =P " - Amanda May 2003.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is; belief in the unproven doesn't make you ignorant.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

I believe in God as a trinity, three beings in one.

I believe Jesus is the son of God who came to earth and died on the cross for my sins, then rose again three days later.

I believe that God created everything, but not in seven literal days. I think that each day was perhaps millions of years, thus science and religion can both be right.

I believe that one day Jesus will rapture back all of the believers and we will spend an eternity in heaven and all non believers will go to hell.

I believe this because a) it's what I've always been taught and b) as I looked into all religions and Christianity I chose Christianity, believing it is the full and complete truth.

Hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

I would like to thank everyone for the responses to this question...
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 27 2005, 07:01 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

I AGREE!!! haha...

There is no god...logic rules over faith...big bang theory and evolution are correct...

Homosexualty is fucking hott....

And Abortion should be legal!! :)

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I belive that FAITH rules over logic... If God wasn't real and the bible and everything in it wasn't true then I think with as much controversy(sp?) it has made in the world it would have been destroyed a LONG time ago... The bible was written by people all throughout the world, not just a couple of looneys that lived next door to each other, and I believe that God put the words that they wrote down for the bible in their heart for it to be words of WISDOM for ALL man kind... and nothin or no one could tell me otherwise... Even when I wasn't save I knew that there was a higher power...

I believe in Jesus being my savior and God being the creator of all life... and like someone said to me earlier today "Im not perfect, Just forgiven"
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

I believe in G-d, and I believe that the story of the creation of the world actually works with Science and theories of evolution. I don't believe in Jesus. I am Jewish. I believe that one should treat their neighbours with dignity and respect. I believe that mankind are given responsiblity to take care of eachother, the environment, and the world and not to exploit it for themselves. I do not believe that there are multiple G=ds or that G-d is really a combination of a bunch. I don't believe in Hell though I believe there is a Heaven.

And as for complicated issues like Homosexuality and Abortion: Against homosexuality but still respect those who do it, disagree with abortion unless under extrenuating circumstances (i.e. rape), but again respect other people's decisions.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 27 2005, 09:01 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

I AGREE!!! haha...

There is no god...logic rules over faith...big bang theory and evolution are correct...

Homosexualty is fucking hott....

And Abortion should be legal!! :)

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Things in life cannot all have proof or be figured out by scientists. We are just humans and we cannot even find a cure for AIDS, Cancer and many other things so how can you expect us to be able to prove there is a God or there isn't one?

Nothing ever rules over faith. People have been saying there is no God for decades and yet people still have faith.
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by l3rok3n@Mar 1 2005, 03:15 PM

Things in life cannot all have proof or be figured out by scientists. We are just humans and we cannot even find a cure for AIDS, Cancer and many other things so how can you expect us to be able to prove there is a God or there isn't one?

Nothing ever rules over faith. People have been saying there is no God for decades and yet people still have faith.

[right][/right]

There are no cures as of right now but there are treatments. If god exsisted, he would not have disesase on this planet because disease causes emotional disturbance...

And that whole statment is perpausterous...Santa Clause has been denied as false for many decades but there are still some that believe, so that means Santa Clause is real?

:santa: (ho) :santa: (ho) :santa: (ho) *lies* :)

~Jeff~
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

[quote]Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Mar 2 2005, 08:41 PM--<div class='quotetop'QUOTE(~*~AiM_uSeR~*~ @ Mar 2 2005, 08:41 PM)[quote]<!--QuoteBegin-l3rok3n@Mar 1 2005, 03:15 PM

God isn't supposed to make everything better. What kind of life would we live if there was no suffering? If everyone died of old age and everything went perfect? He is just there to reward us at the end of our journey if we have been good. He is just there to grant us the chance to prove him we are worthy.

Santa Claus isn't the same as God. What intelligent adult believes that there is a person that goes around and gives out presents?

I am not Christian but I have Christian beliefs once again. I used to be atheist then I came back.

We could argue about this for years. I am glad we have religion because religion may do some bad but it does so much more good. I think the world needs to have more religion. We will know at the end of life who is right and who is wrong.
[/i]
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by l3rok3n@Mar 2 2005, 11:29 PM

I am glad we have religion because religion may do some bad but it does so much more good.

[right][/right]

Take a look at what you just wrote hun...

Do you know much shit this world is in becuase of religon? Countless wars, debates, discrimination, manipulation, bibary, fear, etc...alot of negativity came out of religion...much more negative then posititve...

~Jeff~
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Thats only because your looking at it through different eyes... Unless you are a christian you most likely WILL see more things negative come out of it then positive, but to me I think its because the devil... I dont think its God that caused it... And im sure man has done just as much damage as the devil has...
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep