A Girl With A Patch On Her Sleeve

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: A Girl With A Patch On Her Sleeve

Post by Jaegermeister »

I dunno, just a few thoughts I had:

1) Yes that is a symbol for the band Bad Religion. I have seen that patch before, and so I personally believe that it's about Bad Religion.

2) PPP please stop comparing religion to homosexuality. The first point you made was good, but comparing religion to homosexuality is kinda like comparing dogs to peaches.

3) While the term hallucination is a bit harsh, there is the theory running around out there that precognicient man heard his thoughts, and not realizing that he was a rational being capable of having thoughts, he took those thoughts to be "The Voice of God." It's an interesting thought, but I'm not sure I agree with it.

4) I really don't see what all the fuss is about. People say things that are upsetting all the time. Personally I just ignore it.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

TJ... haha I definitely wasn't in the best of moods when I was writing that. Haha, retrospect says I was just being dumb!

Christians shouldn't say someone is going to hell. It's just bad in any circumstance, whether they were telling the truth or not. I think there is a way to tell someone that the consequences of disbelieving is going to hell, but usually people are being accused and that's just not right.

Haha, I think I'm done speaking in this topic (but I probably shouldn't speak too soon).
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by PurplePoemPuppet@Mar 7 2005, 11:59 PM

Christians shouldn't say someone is going to hell. It's just bad in any circumstance, whether they were telling the truth or not. I think there is a way to tell someone that the consequences of disbelieving is going to hell, but usually people are being accused and that's just not right.

Haha, I think I'm done speaking in this topic (but I probably shouldn't speak too soon).

[right][/right]

hha...i hope your not done, hun ;) haha...

anway: christians do tell people they are going to hell...i hear it soo soo many times in any given day that im going to hell...

Im told im going to hell for being atheist...going to hell for being gay...hmm...those are the biggies...

but definitly chrisitians like to flaunt that others are doomed to eternal hellish ordeals...

~Jeff~
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Jeff, I think you're too quick to generalise about Christians. How many Christians have you met in your life? 50? 100? 200?

The point is, you've not met even a miniscule fraction of the Christians that exist in this world, and a true Christian wouldn't judge you or tell you that you're going to hell. Theres loads of Christians on HT, and how many of them have told you you're going to hell? Have I? Has PPP? Has Craig? (to name just a few!) No. None of us have.

So stop letting the bed few influence your judgement on the rest of us! Its not nice to hear you grouping all Christians together!
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

im not saying "All", hun, i am generalizing, yes, or sterotyping what i hear and see around here...

I said chrisitans in my community, hence the ones i meet in any given day...

And the number i wouldn't know...

yeah none here have really said i was going to hell (exp. that godschild person) but i mean its not the fact of who says it and who doesn't...its the fact that it is being said in mass quanities for perpausterous reasons....

Hell, even the priest at church said it (mom goes and she told me about it and she was very angry becuase of the way he spoke)...he basically said that anyone despite who they are, have a good chance of going to hell and the best way to gaurentee yourself a spot in heaven is to be sin-free, heterosexual, and a die-heart catholic...he said people that have sinned will be looked closly at, and if they forgave them verbally but not internally then they will be going to hell...

~Jeff~
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Creg,

I share in your disappointment with your fellow religous people. It helps to remind myself, that I can present myself in a way that may alter a person's view of my religion (or lack therof). I'm sure if she goes through life and learns (or has some awakening that opens her mind) she'll shift her* beliefs.

support and more!

- NJ
--nj

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

hun, from your talking your making it sound that us who do not believe as JC are just wrong and will one have an "awakening" that will make us believe...

Thats not right...

I am not stupid by not believing and nor is she...shes just stating her belief by wearing that as chrisitians do by wearing a cross...

Maybe i can say that one day when reliigous people get an "awakeining" they will realize that there is no god and thus change their belief....To you im not right...to me your not right...

~Jeff~
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

hey it's her choice what she wears and believes in
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i agree some people wear t shirts with religion logos on it, many wear crosses ( even i do sometimes :)) and it might offend other religions but u deal with this, there's so many things out there that someone always is goin to be offended by something but it's freedom of speech and religion :) and just cause she had that on u cant automatically assume she was an atheist and that someone hurt her maybe she was religious or maybe she wasnt who knows
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

PLEASE keep in mind that I did NOT say that my response TO the 'girl with the patch on her sleeve' was the RIGHT response. It was just how I responded to 'it'.

[I didn't say it was the WRONG response - either!!]

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by SirPostAlot@Mar 11 2005, 03:49 PM

hun, from your talking your making it sound that us who do not believe as JC are just wrong and will one have an "awakening" that will make us believe...

Thats not right...

I am not stupid by not believing and nor is she...shes just stating her belief by wearing that as chrisitians do by wearing a cross...

Maybe i can say that one day when reliigous people get an "awakeining" they will realize that there is no god and thus change their belief....To you im not right...to me your not right...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

The way you are talking is the same as you accuse. Step back and take a look at your own self and stop trying to dictate to us what we should or should not believe.

I cannot conceive of existing on this planet, without my deep belief in a God. And I've found that all these religous groups and beliefs are the same thing, told in a different way. So I see it as an attack on all religions when you try to shame one for it's inperfections.

Minorities attacking minorities is bad Jeff, we're all connected, so you're hurting yourself to, when you hurt other humans. Show some acceptance if you'd like it in return.. This is just friendly advice!! :)
--nj