Me In A Youth Group!?!?!?!?!

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

the_pup_dog
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: Me In A Youth Group!?!?!?!?!

Post by the_pup_dog »

yay im happy for you thats awesome

i agree with the youth leader too

john 10:10 says:

the theif comes to kill and destroy but i come to bring life and life to the fullest

the devil wants you to be unhappy he wants you to hurt

*hugs*

-ellie
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I am really glad you shared this experience with us here.

I used to really hate retreats and still I dread them until I am actually participating, its is soooo true that you get what you put into it.

I also now agree with the statement that you need Jesus in your life, cause if you don't have him in your life, your life is really full of nothing but stress and things that only make you happy temporarily....

-My thoughts

-Jared

P.S. We are really looking for new members at our Christian community.....

** looks at siggy**
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove »

Yeah different youth groups will bring different experiences. Personally, I love mine. We have this couple who's in their mid 30's and completely awesome running it..we go on trips and stuff that are s'posed to be religious-geared sorta, and they're just like "okay on sunday we'll say a short prayer..then u guys have fun and we'll clean everything up" haha its so kewl. and our normal sunday 'chat sessions'...well they end up beinga bout movies most of the time lol.

but thats awesome that you had fun there too! are you thinking of going again??
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

It's really hard to find a youth group that you like. That's all a big part of choosing to participate in a religious organization if you will. In anything, you need to choose somewhere that you are comfortable. Some of the best times I've had was doing things with the church (like playing battle of the sexes in the senior high, doing a city scavenger hunt, making apple pies, etc.) So, I'm glad this experience was good for you because as you can see, church can be a fun and wholly good place.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

*sigh* when you go to a church, your expected to believe in what they believe in, becuase, theyre not going to change the whole serman just for you. and the people are happy, so whaT? its not scary. its NICE.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

Go in to it all with an open mind.

Don't walk in thinking "I have my views and I know I'm right, and nothing these people could say could ever convince me otherwise!". Give them a chance to talk to you about what they believe in, and why they believe. Thats what youth group is all about- sharing experiences with other people, so let them share.

It'll be a great way to relax, and make new friends, so give it a chance.
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Going into a church when you're not used to it is a strange experience. I remember that my boyfriend at the time a few years back invited me to his church. I drove alone to the church and I was terrified. I'd been to church when I was younger, a lot in fact, but I was scared to just walk through the doors by myself. I walked in and my knees were shaking, I thought I'd just fall over. To make it worse, I didn't see my boyfriend when I walked in so I started to get more fearful that it'd be a horrible experience. I didn't know how to socialize with these people. A minute later, my boyfriend came out of the bathroom and found me, to my great relief. I remember that night when they did worship with the band up on the stage, I was not into the words at all. I wanted to sing, as singing is generally a fun thing to do, but I didn't believe the words I read or sang. I looked at them dumbfounded not really knowing what to do. I looked at people around me and they just had this wholehearted belief and love for the words they sang and its meaning. I didn't have a clue.

It can be an intimidating experience and maybe you don't believe in it and won't ever believe in it. It's entirely possible. If you go again, hopefully you'll just sort of get an understand of what it is these people believe in. And I don't think that the pastor meant to mean that you're filling your life with junk if you don't have Jesus Christ in your heart. It's a hard thing to explain. What I'm going to tell you is from the Christian perspective so keep that in mind. Sex, relationships with people (friends, guys, family, etc.)... these things were created for our pleasure and for our happiness. Even alcohol is acceptable. But everything in excess is usually a bad thing. Now, in order for these things to have the most meaning and most substance in our lives, having Jesus Christ makes them of more value in a sense. The words I'm using do not describe what I'm trying to say. It's not to say that having differing beliefs yet still havng friends and what not makes these things "junk" but more like saying "what good is this thing if I don't have this other thing to go with it." I hope that came out more like I wanted it to. Best wishes!
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
dead rose
Needs Another Hobby

Post by dead rose »

yay brit thats awesome! lol are you gona go back? you should. i was scared the first time i went too....and i was a little confused and stuff..but now..im now..its like just part of me now. its helped me a lot and its like...i wendsdays are my favorite days now cuz i get to go to the youth group. anyways enough about me. thats awesome tho hun. :hug: pm me sometime k. :)

luv ya,

:wub: linz
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

You don't have to believe what they believe in to go to a youth group and be a part of it. Just go there and have fun. If you don't agree with the bible and stuff...just remind yourself that its just a story or myth...some of its rather interesting and you don't have to believe in the bible to enjoy it. I also guarntee that the leader will mention a few things that will really get you thinking...they tend to do that... Not all of the stuff they talk about is 100% Goddy and requires that you believe in God/the bible...so take some of it in...it won't hurt:D
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

But, it came to saying that ur empty and filling ur life with junk unless i have jesus into my hearts.

This reminds me of a saying Jesus said:

'A rich man hasthe same chance of going into Heaven as a camel has of going through the eye of the needle.'

I guess they meant that material objects will not mean much to you anymroe when you die, and that there is no point in being a materialist.Sure, they make your life more comfortable, but we are usually forgetting about those who are worse off. And most of them (if they are Christian) only have Jesus in their hearts, and their families and friends love. Sure, it won't help them survive this life if we don't give them food, shelter, water etc but it may gurantee them a place in Heaven.

And its cool that you enjoyed it. You may learn something from the experience and you may be able to give a little back.
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

i also think that it is very great that you went.. even if u dont go again or for a while at least, at least you THOUGHT about God, you know? when i first started goin to my church, i went with my friends, but they sang in choir so i was still always all alone but i kept going... it was def. very weird. cause i live in a small town and everyone seemed to know my parents and i didnt have a clue who they was so they shook my hands and started talkin to me.. but this helped me to become the open christian i am today because they helped me see i can spread my christianity in a happy way, although i do get a little to moody over it sometimes lol...

but congrats on ur first time at a youth group! :)
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep