Hard Question With A Harder Answer

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

fuzzysnowflake
Loyal

Hard Question With A Harder Answer

Post by fuzzysnowflake »

The question is this: why are you a christian? I have asked a few people this mostly because I want to know why people choose that religion. What it is about believing ang trusting in God that they like. I have been struggling with my faith for the last few years and I think the time has come where I need to decide what I believe in and why. Any help would be great, thanks.
"There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits on the human capacity for intelligence, imagination and wonder." Ronald Reagan
turtbub
Veteran

Re: Hard Question With A Harder Answer

Post by turtbub »

I think there's another topic just like this...if you search for it you'll be able to find a lot of answers I'm sure. Actually, hang on. I'll go search for it and copy my answer and bring it back here just for you. Along with the link to the topic. :)

Okay, never mind. I can't find it. So I'll just answer it. Sound good? Good. :)

I am a Christian and, to be honest, I wasn't always strong in my faith. At all. Far from it in fact. I was born and raised in a Christian home so I was a Christian strictly because, that's what good little girls and boys were in my life, you know? But then my parents went through a messy divorce. I plunged into depression and battles with eating disorders and I couldn't see God. I just couldn't believe that God would let something like this happen.

So I didn't read my Bible. Or pray. Or anything. I just refused to accept that God was there. I just couldn't believe it.

But then one day, I'm not really sure why I did it, I picked up my Bible and I started reading it and I just felt better and better as I read more and more. I must have read for like a full hour.

And then I started praying again. And now, a few years later, my faith is as strong as ever.

Do I still doubt? Absolutely. But I always come back. Always. Because I believe this to be true. :)

Hope I helped, dear. I guess my point is, we ALL doubt and we all go through trials and times with little or no faith. Don't feel alone. Keep searching. You'll find your answers. :hug:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i have been asking myself that question for a while now, i dont know if this religion is right or wrong , true or not, for a long time i'd say there's no god and that's that, but since the Pope died, idk i took it hard, i saw this old man believing so strongly and so completely, and idk im still not sure there is god but there has to be something after death if this man believed it so strongly idk im still searching i guess
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

Through all the crap I've been through, through all the friends that have abandoned me or disowned me, I have only had one constant that brings me peace, which is obviously Jesus.
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
msbitton
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by msbitton »

I've been studying philosophy at the university I attend and have come across this very question. Does God exist? And why do people take such comfort in believing there is a God? I'm christian. But these questions got me thinking. I think there are a lot of people who "believe" in God because it comforts them knowing that somebody is in control over all this mess of a world. They feel like if God is watching over them, they are safe. It's like a security blanket for a child.

But I also believe there are people who genuinly belive there is a God. They believe that God is our Father and that He loves us. I'm Christian because after studying and praying, I received a confirmation through the holy spirit that God lives and loves us. And that's enough for me. I don't have to have physical or intellectual proof.