Religion..what Is I Dont Want One

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

FranklinF
Veteran

Re: Religion..what Is I Dont Want One

Post by FranklinF »

islam didnt grow out of christianity i believe it grew out of judaism -MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Originally posted by LostMySanity@May 29 2005, 12:27 PM

islam didnt grow out of christianity i believe it grew out of judaism -MARY

[right][/right]

Then why do they believe that Jesus was the Messiah and such? That's not a Jewish idea, that's a Christian one.

And do you mean that you believe historically Islam came from Judaism? That is incorrect, although it did have many Jewish influences, it is also influenced by Christianity. Or do you mean it is your personal opinion that Islam came from Judaism?
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

i dont think u have to choose one specific religion i mean why do u? i think it's enough that u believe in something in ur own way, if there is god then there's one supreme being so the idea of a million different religions and labels created by people is lame, no one really knows for sure what will happen after we die so it's important that u live ur life so that u like who u are, so u're good to people around u and to urself , i think that's all u can do, everything else is just words
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Originally posted by 5a5@Jun 9 2005, 09:10 PM

i dont think u have to choose one specific religion i mean why do u? i think it's enough that u believe in something in ur own way, if there is god then there's one supreme being so the idea of a million different religions and labels created by people is lame, no one really knows for sure what will happen after we die so it's important that u live ur life so that u like who u are, so u're good to people around u and to urself , i think that's all u can do, everything else is just words

[right][/right]

But you're assuming that members of these religions agree with you when you say they are man-made. To a believing member of a religion, most religions anyway (exclduing things like UU), their religion is heaven-sent, and it's just all the other ones that are man-made.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

^ thats correct but not all the time, but lets assume it is, so what? it's just people's belief on a subject cause quite frankly they dont even know if heaven exists or what it is so how can they argue for sure that their religion is better than other ones and that it is heaven sent? it makes no sense
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

well being raised a Christian you should know that being a Christian has nothing to do with religion but a relationship with Christ. Everything you do as a Christian is to benefit your relationship with Christ. Reading the bible for one. You learn a lot about Him. Talking to Him for another. When you make a friend you talk to them so that you can learn more about them in order to build a relationship with them. Same goes with Jesus. Praying to Him. Jesus wants to please you and bless you with what you want. He is our best friend and He loves us. Worshipping Him. Telling Jesus how much we appreciate Him because He gave his life for us is very important. How many other friends do you have that would do that for real? You can have such an awesome relationship with Christ by showing Him the love He deserves. And that is why being a Christian is different than anything else. We have a personal relationship with our God. Of course, we must obey Him as well. But when He is your best friend, why would you want to disobey Him? Would you want to lie and disobey your best friend?

You can't tear this down because it is my PERSONAL relationship with someone whom I love and I am not here to force that on anyone else. No one will ever have the relationship with Christ that I have. That is because we are all individuals created in God's own image. We all make up different parts of the body of Christ and not one of us is the same as the other. We don't think the same, we don't feel the same. And this is how it is supposed to be.

The denomination does not matter. You can be methodist, baptist, lutheran, presbyterian, church of christ, assemblies of God, calvinists, adventists, evangelical, pentecostal..whatever...I am sure there are more...but it all comes down to a relationship with Christ.

Myself, I go to an Assemblies of God church. One of the more charismatic denominations. Well I would say the most charismatic. But that does not mean that the Assemblies of God is better than Lutheran...a more fundamentalist church. I also go to a Lutheran youth group and we have the most amazing prayer times there. At the Assemblies of God church I go to we have the most amazing worship times.

I do not suggest that you throw out Christianity all together because of one persons beliefs. I would say it has more to do with their spiritual gift than their religion. The way they talk about homosexuality points out that they are probably a prophet. The spiritual gifts: prophet, organizer, teacher, giver, exhorter, server, mercy. There might be more but I can not think right now. You should do some research on spiritual giftings.

And please just work on your faith.

Explore different denominations. See what church suits you best. I prefer Assemblies of God church's because they are a lot younger and very up beat and loud and exciting. You might prefer a nice mellow service. Just decided for yourself what denomination you enjoy so that way you can get the most out of it.

If you wana talk more...PM me...

-Brittney