Meditation

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Draco
Loyal

Meditation

Post by Draco »

I've been meditating for a while, really simple stuff, calming exercises etc. And I was wondering if anyone know some good books/websites that have great info for advanced meditation? Any help would be great! :dancing:

Oh, also need some for beginners, got a friend who wants to start
Your life is only as good as you make it. The hardships of life will bring any of us to our knees. No matter how high-spritied, no matter how optimistic. It'll pull us down, drag us through the dirt. Our lives will feel empty and pathedic, we'll have everlasting sadness. Though we must wait it out, beacuse this is usaully only a temporary thing. You must keep faith in yourself, while keeping faith in others. Protect the ones that hold and love you, for they are the most important people in your lives

turtbub
Veteran

Re: Meditation

Post by turtbub »

Yelena got the two best websites for you, but I found some other ones that may help. And I agree with her, you should absolutely try yoga. It's relaxing and wonderful. :)

http://www.thiaoouba.com/medit.htm

http://home.att.net/~meditation/MeditationHandbook.html
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Onigami
Loyal

Re: Meditation

Post by Onigami »

What kind of meditation are you spefically interested in? Are your trying to calm down? or are you trying to make Qi flow more easily throughout your body? One thing i would suggest over yoga is Qigong, it focuses more on fluidity and harmony between body and mind.
Aimed low, settled for less.