When Exactly..

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

turtbub
Veteran

Re: When Exactly..

Post by turtbub »

As far as I know, in the Bible you lose your virginity when and only when you have sex. Full and complete sex. When you say to yourself, self I'm going to have sex now, and then you do it.

I don't think rape counts as losing your virginity.

Besides that, I think you can go as far as you want without losing your virginity. As long as you don't have sex, I think it's not losing your virginity. However, I don't know if God really wants you going very far. Oral sex, for instance, may be considered a sin. It's a gray area because the bible doesn't have any specifics as far as I know.

I hope that helps, though. :)

PS-This should be moved to religion forum because it deals with God and the bible.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
XTorn2PiecesLPX
Veteran

Post by XTorn2PiecesLPX »

I agree with Hannah, i think you actually have to think "im going to have sex" and actually do it to lose your virginty. Rape is not losing it in my eyes. I dunno, just my thoughts.

-Molly
Cause I am stricken and cant let you go ~Disturbed

The prettiest people do the ugliest things ~ K. West

Do you pull me up just to push me down again ~Mudvayne

And when Im gone just carry on, dont morn, rejoyce everytime you hear the sound of my voice just know that im lookin down on you smiling and i didnt feel a thing so baby dont feel my pain just smile back
Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Post by Jesykah ^_^ »

This question was asked not too long ago. Do a search, hun.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

No, she's asking a different question. She asked when it happens according to God.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

According to religious law, it's when the penis enters the vagina. Rape or no, it's still losing your virginity.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

How can you say that? Losing your virginity is a CHOICE. You think that a girl who is forced into sex loses her virginity?

I don't. According to some religious law, maybe. But morally, mentally, no way.

PS-Sorry if I sound attack-ish. Just a very soft spot.

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Well, everyone is right when they say full-blown sex is when you loose your virginity, but if you're worried about what is right and what is wrong in God's eyes, I personally believe it's also wrong in his eyes to engage in oral sex.

But I know some people disagree, but I consider oral sex a lustful act. And we all know what God thinks of lust.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
xloveforsalex
Loyal

Post by xloveforsalex »

in god's law, it is never okay to have sex unless you are married. also, to burn with lust is a sun. "better to marry than to burn with lust." honestly, just try and keep your mind in check if you're really working on keeping his law. in my opinion (i go to a christian school, and they explained this to us), oral sex is sex. rape, technically you do lose your virginity, but in god's eyes it's not something you can help. to be honest, just keep the commandments and you'll do fine.
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

-----> Moving to Religion.. This deals with God more than sex in general.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

*Sigh* I think it's a lot more than "unfortunate". It's devastating, horrific. But not "unfortunate".

I understand that's what you believe, and it's fine that you believe that. But I just don't understand how you can talk so nonchalantly about rape. And murder!

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Post by Rose'nShannenRox »

In a rape, you might have lost your virginity. But as it was not a choice, you are still as pure as before you were raped. God won't hold it against you...and you are not ruiend for your husband. I used to think that, because i was molested for teh first 10 years of my life, and lost mine a long time ago. When you find a true man after God's heart, he won't (shouldnt) care, he will love you no matter what youve done, and if not. Its not the man God wants for you....but thats a whole nother conversation :)

As for what it is in Gods eyes...let me share soem scripture

1 Corinthians 6:16-20:

16 And don't you know that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, "The two are united into one."[a] 17But the person who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

18 Run away from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Or don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, 20for God bought you with a high price.(the sacrifice of his son) So you must honor God with your body.

This doesnt mean that if you do God wont love you...

Romans 8: 39 (i suggest u raead 31-38)

39Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Basicly what im saying and i believe from teh scripture is that, staying away from it altogether...even putting yourself in the situation to be tempted knowlingly is a sin.

I know it can be hard....but Phillipians 4:13- I can do anything with Christ who strengthens me

haha that was the theme us kids made up at my missions trip i just got back from.

See i am too, new to Christ in all tecnicality(sp?) and i came from a lot of crap to be where i am in God

I'm always here for ya hun, IM or PM me anytime...im always around, and so is God.
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Originally posted by Rose'nShannenRox@Aug 17 2005, 09:17 AM

In a rape, you might have lost your virginity. But as it was not a choice, you are still as pure as before you were raped. God won't hold it against you...and you are not ruiend for your husband. I used to think that, because i was molested for teh first 10 years of my life, and lost mine a long time ago. When you find a true man after God's heart, he won't (shouldnt) care, he will love you no matter what youve done, and if not. Its not the man God wants for you....but thats a whole nother conversation :)

Like I said, it's not a judgement against the woman, it doesn't mean she did anything wrong.

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Originally posted by !XogFog+Aug 17 2005, 10:06 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

You're right, it is tragic, devasting, horrific. But the point was that just because something happens against your will doesn't mean it didn't happen. If I steal your wallet, you don't somehow still have it just because you didn't give it to me freely. If I kill you, you're not somehow still alive just because you didn't die how and when you wanted. And yes, devastatingly, if I rape you, you're not somehow still a virgin just because you didn't want it to happen. It's not a judgement against the woman, it doesn't mean she did anything wrong, but it's just a fact of life.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I'm glad you understand how devastating it is.

But, in my opinion, losing your virginity only happens when you decide to have sex. When you say, alright I'm going to have sex. And then you have sex. *Shrug*

I don't think that you can lose your virginity when it's forced on you. Technically, maybe. But you talk to any girl who was raped and try to tell her that she's lost her virginity, and you see how she reacts.

Again, I'm sorry if I sound attack-ish. I don't mean to. I'm just passionate about this. But I totally agree that you are entitled to your own opinion on this. Just sharing mine.

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

From what I've been taught, Christianity teachers that you should have sex when you get married to that person. In Catholisicm, I believe this is so if you get pregnant, they will be born in wedlock and won't be born into bastardy (saying this because Catholics generally don't believe in protected sex.). I know one girl who is a very strong Christian and does'nt believe in sex before marriage (when she heard I had sex with my boyfriend, she was really disgusted with me because we are'nt married.). But thats from what I've been taught.

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Aug 20 2005, 12:07 PM

No reason to get mad at someone for their opinion. Their opinion doesn't matter when it comes to your emotional state on your virginity anyway.

[right][/right]

That wasn't directed at anybody, btw!
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

Dr. Wilson:

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet