Are All Religions Pretty Much The Same?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Are All Religions Pretty Much The Same?

Post by xJuliex »

I was just wondering on your opinions. I think that pretty much, most religions are all the same. Most worship one God, one being that is almighty. No one TRULY knows who God is unless they've already died, so I also think all the good religions (that don't worship Satan or something) should go to Heaven. Of course, I'm nice and think all the good people period should go to Heaven, but yeah.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
RockBSK1432
Loyal

Re: Are All Religions Pretty Much The Same?

Post by RockBSK1432 »

I am Catholic and that is the belief. I don't really know about other religions, but that is my belief.
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

Most religions share similiarities like they believe in one God and goodness. But yeah, there's differences in each... different beliefs in certain areas and such. So, they are pretty much the same. We all are pretty much the same =)
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Post by Rose'nShannenRox »

I am just Christian, and no they are not the same, at all.

Yes, Islam and Judaism believe in one God, and trace their origins back to where we trace our origins, but critical articles of Christianity are not found in Judaism or Islam, falsifying their beliefs.

Now Judaism, are God's chosen people, and he delieverd them the promised and prophecied messiah, and they didn't believe, and Jesus is the only way to Salvation.

Islam, is based on one mans account, who wrote the whole Quran, and they believe Jesus is just a prophet and not the Song of God, which is the key belief in Christianity. Also, they holt Muhummad higher then Jesus and have false belifes about who will go to Hell.

You cannot have the full truth of God, without acknolwdgeing(sp?) his son, and the Holy spirit, because they are 3 in one.

Now, you may think that I am some extreme conservitive, but ask any true Christian and they will give you the same answer. Also, everyone will be punished accordingly, saying that Hitler will get a harsher punishment then some guy who murderd another guy...and so on.

This is my belief, and its what I know to be true
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe
xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex »

Originally posted by Rose'nShannenRox@Dec 25 2005, 06:49 PM

Now, you may think that I am some extreme conservitive, but ask any true Christian and they will give you the same answer. Also, everyone will be punished accordingly, saying that Hitler will get a harsher punishment then some guy who murderd another guy...and so on.

[right][/right]

Okay...so you're saying I'm not a true Christian? Because trust me, I'm a really strong Christian. I believe that God is the only way, I go to church, I follow the Bible in my daily walk. I'm a "true Christian" I think.

And could you get me a verse in the bible that says they will be punished accordingly? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like a reference.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

Islam, Judaism, and Christainty are similar religions, however are fundimentally different... Then you have Toasim, Shinto, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confusionism, and your native (oral) religions. These religions vary to great degrees (except for Toaism and Confucionsim because they grew up side by side they are also very similar but fundimentally different).

Now what you need to realize with Judaism Christianity and Islam is this: Judaism and CHristianity claim to be descendants of Abraham and Sarah and their son Isaiac (SP?) now in Islam they claim to be the descendants of Abrham and Hagar and their son Ishmeal (i do believe) anyways they also believe that jesus wasnt the messiah that he was jsut a prophet::: The Torah sent to Moses

The Psalms sent to David

The Gospel sent to Jesus

The Qur'an sent to Muhammad

and that muhammad was the last prophet.

Jewish people believe that they are gods choosen people, they follow strict dietary restrictions as does Islam. No pork or shellfish. They believe the messiah can only come once certian requirments are fullfilled and one of them being the rebuilding of the temple, and that doesnt look like that will happen anytime soon due to the fact that an islam mosque(or something like that) is in the way. They follow many commandments like the 10 commandments, and recognize the sabbath, devout jews try not to do any work on the sabbath (ie: writting is considered work, and when i went to a synagouge for my Religious studies assignment my fellow classmates and i were asked not to write) They believe in repentatnce to god, and recite off a large list of sins (and i mean its freaking large, and you dont even have to do all those sins, you still repent for them) it is in hebrew where islam is in arabic. IT can be very sexist unless you are in a reformed Synagouge. Read from the the Tanakh (its an acryonim) which stands for Torah, Nevi'im (SP?) and Ketuvim

Christainty belives that Jesus was their messiah, Judaism does not, and has gone through several steps to seperate its self from Judaism.... EX::: instead of circumsiion there is baptisim. there is no dieatry restricions. Christians respect women, and unless you are devout catholic (this would be the Great Schism ((SP?)) which is speration from eastern orthodxy from the cathloics, and then there would also be the protestent movement started by marten luther) women are aloud to lead the church (is some cases as stated) Jesus and the Trinity is the focus, though the trinity can not be understood, As well as The Nicean Creed (SP?) the gosples and the new testment is where more focus lies but the old testment builds to jesus' birth.

FYI::: i just finished Religious Studies 100 and was considering it as my major in university until i relized there are no jobs in that field
[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
wagon_wheel
Loyal

Post by wagon_wheel »

[center] "Hot glassware looks just like cold glassware."

"Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand."

^~^

=(o.o)=

(")_(")

[/center]
Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Originally posted by xJuliex+Dec 25 2005, 06:58 PM--
[/right]

[/b]
Okay...so you're saying I'm not a true Christian? Because trust me, I'm a really strong Christian. I believe that God is the only way, I go to church, I follow the Bible in my daily walk. I'm a "true Christian" I think.

And could you get me a verse in the bible that says they will be punished accordingly? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like a reference.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Oh no honey, i wasnt attacking you saying you weren't a true Christian. I just use that term generally because there is a difference between a Christian and a True Christian to me.

One who is just Christian, says 'Yeah, I believe in God' and then go off and live the exact opposite lifestyle of that of a Christian.

One who is a True Christian says, 'Yeah, I believe in God' and then goes off and wholeheartedly strives for that intimate relationship with God and seek to follow his will and walk with him everyday.

As for reference...

Matthew 16:27

For I, the Son of Man, will come in the glory of my Father with his angels and will judge all people according to their deeds.

Matthew 7:2

For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others, it will be used to measure how you are judged.

Romans 2:5-7

..For there is going to come a day of judgment when God, the just judge of all the world, 6will judge all people according to what they have done. 7He will give eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. (this also ties into what i said about true christians)

Corinthians 5:10

For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in our bodies.
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

no i don't see the religions as the same...there are some similarities, but they are different in reality...

Jeff
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Actually, I believe these are True Christians. :P Ok, kidding.

Anyways. I think that all true religions (Sorry, I don't count Satanism as a religion. I view it as a backlash against relgion) share a common goal of searching for a higher purpose to life and seek for a blissful afterlife, but they use very different methods to get there, so no I don't think they are all the same.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

I agree that most mainstream religions, to varying degrees, all believe in one G-d, and teach basic morals and other principles, so to that extent they are the same. But I do believe that some religions are further from the absolute truth than others are.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

Loyal

Post by 309756 »

If the Ultimate Reality is a stream of light, than our "religions" are viewing that Ultimate Reality through different lenses or mirrors.
sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

Well, they are all VERY close... I wouldn't go as far as to say they are exactly the same. Hinduism, for example, is much different that Judaism or Christianity. Though the big 3 (Christianity, Judaism, and Muslim) all believe almost exactly the same things. Judaism believes Jesus was a teacher, Muslims believes he was a prophet, and Christians a God. But they all believe in 1 God, and a heaven.

The only realy exception of similarity of religeons is atheism, which do not believe in a God.
!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Originally posted by sbloemeke@Dec 28 2005, 09:22 AM

Well, they are all VERY close... I wouldn't go as far as to say they are exactly the same. Hinduism, for example, is much different that Judaism or Christianity. Though the big 3 (Christianity, Judaism, and Muslim) all believe almost exactly the same things. Judaism believes Jesus was a teacher, Muslims believes he was a prophet, and Christians a God. But they all believe in 1 God, and a heaven.

The only realy exception of similarity of religeons is atheism, which do not believe in a God.

[right][/right]

Judaism does not believe he was a teacher. Or rather, Judaism believes that he was a teacher, but he was a bad one. Also, his disciples have been responsible for thousands of years of suffering of Jews, and also he turned a third of the world to quasi-idolatry (worshipping a man? sounds idolatrous to me). So yeah, not exactly a positive image.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

sbloemeke
Veteran

Post by sbloemeke »

*Embarressed glance*

Yeah... That was just what my 9th grade history textbook said... Amazing hte brainwashing school can give you.
Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Originally posted by !XogFog+Dec 29 2005, 02:03 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Judaism does not believe he was a teacher. Or rather, Judaism believes that he was a teacher, but he was a bad one. Also, his disciples have been responsible for thousands of years of suffering of Jews, and also he turned a third of the world to quasi-idolatry (worshipping a man? sounds idolatrous to me). So yeah, not exactly a positive image.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

they were not worshiping a man. Jesus is God, there from the begining.

They were worshiping God.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Originally posted by Rose'nShannenRox+Dec 29 2005, 01:37 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

they were not worshiping a man. Jesus is God, there from the begining.

They were worshiping God.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

That's why I said quasi-idolatry. This is how Judaism and Islam view Christianity, whether you like it or not. Logically, I'm sure you can understand: if you didn't believe Jesus was G-d, then people praying to Jesus would indeed just be praying to a man. Only Christianity believes that Jesus was G-d. But on the other hand, Christianity believes that it's praying to G-d; they have the right intention. So Islam and Judaism view Christianity as acceptable, but they do so warily.

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Originally posted by !XogFog@Dec 29 2005, 04:25 PM

That's why I said quasi-idolatry. This is how Judaism and Islam view Christianity, whether you like it or not. Logically, I'm sure you can understand: if you didn't believe Jesus was G-d, then people praying to Jesus would indeed just be praying to a man. Only Christianity believes that Jesus was G-d. But on the other hand, Christianity believes that it's praying to G-d; they have the right intention. So Islam and Judaism view Christianity as acceptable, but they do so warily.

[right][/right]

Sorry, i don't know what quasi-idolatry means, there is no need to get hostile.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog »

Originally posted by Rose'nShannenRox+Dec 30 2005, 01:57 AM--
[/right]

[/b]
Sorry, i don't know what quasi-idolatry means, there is no need to get hostile.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Quasi means "sort of."

I didn't mean to come across as hostile. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

Though Rose made a nice little layout of points outlining Christianity(I'm not so sure about the others), I have one small ideological issue...

Sure, Hitler used the occult and whatnot, but if he didn't make up that Nazi religion(read into it, not just "aryans are better" but the whole religion), and went with Christianity, I believe he would have gone to Heaven. All Jesus REQUIRES is acceptance of Him. After that, all that follows is on you. If Jesus isn't strong enough to forgive an attempted genocidist, I'm not really sure he has enough power to be G-d... and since I do believe he could easily forgive Hitler, that's not the case.
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?