Why After A Month And A Half

Have you experienced the pain of losing someone close to you? Do you grieve over the death of someone you knew? Here is a safe place to seek support.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

CreepyKidLover
Loyal

Why After A Month And A Half

Post by CreepyKidLover »

my uncle passed away november 25, 2005. and it hurts worse now than it did then. i realized it will be a long time until i see him again and i miss him so much. i loved my uncle to death. and he did this to himself. he did drugs and that is basically what killed him. i know i will see him again in heaven for he never hurt anyone but himself but it just hurts. christmas this year was horrible knowing that he was gone. i go and sit were he is buried all the time, when i need someone to talk to because i know he is always listening. it hurt me more to see my grandma go through this. and my cousins who have had nothing to do with their dad for almost 5 years. him dying made me realize that i have to come around and visit my mom because you never know when she will die.

but why now does it hurt when it didn't know this much before.
BittersweetSurrender
Loyal

Re: Why After A Month And A Half

Post by BittersweetSurrender »

Well, I don't have a direct answer for you, but I can say that I know what you mean. Aside from the week she died, my best friend's suicide hurt worse in the following months than it did within the first. I suppose part of it is that as time goes on you begin to accept that whoever died is gone, and you'll never see him/her again. Anyway, I know how hard it is to lose someone. I'm here if you need me.

~*becky*~
~*Becky*~

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
CreepyKidLover
Loyal

Post by CreepyKidLover »

Thank you Becky, for being here for me.. it is just hurting. christmas in my family was horrible. the more i think about my uncle the more i remember about him and the stories that used to make me laugh, make me cry. like when my grandpa asked him if any cars were coming and he said "nope no cars coming" and they pulled out and almost got smacked by a big truck and my grandpa said didn't you say there were no cars coming and my uncle said "you didn't say nothing about no big trucks." i cry everytime i think of that. then i realize my 2 1/2 yr old cousin will never remember his grandpa, he will only remember what we tell him... i remember at the funeral, i was holding him and we walked over to my uncle's casket and he leaned over and kissed his Papaw saying get up papaw get up, i wanna play. i took him outside(outside the funeral home) and told him that papaw couldn't get up, ever again. and he cried that papaw didn't want to play with him. and i told him that it wasn't that he didn't want to it was he couldn't... that hurts so bad...
BittersweetSurrender
Loyal

Post by BittersweetSurrender »

Hey, I'm sorry it took me forever to relpy (way to go me *hits head*)

The car story made me smile. ^^ It sounds like something my grandpa would say.

I know what you mean about your cousin. My sister was still in my mom when my grandma died. (It didn't help that she was my favorite relative.) I've thought the same thing as you many a time. Just try to cherish the time you spent with him, and don't be afraid to share memories with your cousin. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear them.

*hugs* How have you been? PM me any time.
~*Becky*~

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
CreepyKidLover
Loyal

Post by CreepyKidLover »

i am doing better now. but i am so lost right now. especially after nekeyda past away. but i am baby sitting my younger cousin this weekend and i am gonna read him the book tht uncle rex red to me after papaw passed away, it was the book my papaw always read to me. and uncle rex always read it to brandon. so maybe it will help him to remember a little bit.. even though it may not.