Spirtuality Vs. Religion

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

LMG
Loyal

Spirtuality Vs. Religion

Post by LMG »

What are you more partial to?

Also, I'm curious to know, if you are more partial to being spirtual, do you follow by anything specific or anyone, or do you just go by your own lifestyle based on your own morals?

Atheists, what is your definiton of being an atheist?

If you're relgious, do you go by the bible entirely, or do you tend to listen to what "you agree with"/"want to hear"?
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Re: Spirtuality Vs. Religion

Post by sinical_sycology »

I am an advocate of religion, but I don't press it on people who don't want it. I've always and still believe that religion if used correctly can be a great guideline to live a happy life. I've used buddhism and buddhist culture to lead my life and if time offered me to go back and live the life of a billionaire I wouldn't take up that offer. Through buddhism I've built a strong relationship with my mother which really makes life easier, I understand right from wrong and I can find peace in myself and peace in helping others. Of course if religion is put into the extreme things can get ugly and complicated. I'm more religious and I follow the doctrines cloesly but for me the meaning of the doctrines alone are open to interpretation and really what you think it means and when one realizes that and understands the doctrines or teachings based on what you think than it'll make things easier
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
goodmorning
Loyal

Post by goodmorning »

I follow Jesus Christ.

:)
your name is the splinter inside me

while i wait.
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

What are you more partial to?

Also, I'm curious to know, if you are more partial to being spirtual, do you follow by anything specific or anyone, or do you just go by your own lifestyle based on your own morals?

Atheists, what is your definiton of being an atheist?

If you're relgious, do you go by the bible entirely, or do you tend to listen to what "you agree with"/"want to hear"?

[/b]

Atheism holds that the universe is governed by physical laws and mechanics that are consistent, identifiable, and relative. It is logically impossible for there to exist a God, since nonphysical entities cannot interact with physical entities (which includes consciousness).
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

i consider myself spritual, because I believe in fate and that everything happens for a reason, and I believe we have a calling in life, something that we are destined to do.......but I don't believe in much else but that, so its kinda confusing
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

Christianity. I guess you would call me a liberal Christian. (For example, I don't believe that the world was made in just seven days - I believe in evolution, etc). I believe that the bible provides a guide to live by, but its open to interpretation.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.