Skins?

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
VittorioCole
Loyal

Skins?

Post by VittorioCole »

Can we get some half decent skins for this board? (after all the glitches are worked out, of course).

Cause this one's fugly :p

Perhaps a nice silver, minimalistic one.
[CENTER]So you're the fire and I'm the water.

I am the balance and you are the color.

I won't forget you when we're not together.

This is the ending, here's my surrender.[/CENTER]
Skye
Veteran

Re: Skins?

Post by Skye »

I think I'm going to go lay down and cry. :(:p
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

I believe a complete site re-design is in the works.

The vB default skin is fugly. This is just fug. :P
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

The site is being re designed. I believe we need to let Skye recuperate from all of her hard work, so just be patient.

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

RockBSK1432
Loyal

Post by RockBSK1432 »

How about other changes to the way the chat looks etc....It seems a bit dated. Just my opinion.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

Isn't that part of the site design, RockBSK1432?
HelpingTeens.org:

RockBSK1432
Loyal

Post by RockBSK1432 »

Yes, but I just didn't want it to be overlooked...sorry if it was a worthless inquiry.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

No inquiry is worthless.

Thanks for your suggestions RockBSK1432

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole »

Soooorrrrrrrryyyyyy skyeeeeeeeee :P

But i really do hate this. :P

Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Well in all honesty, I dont believe it was Skye who made this.

I believe Jake made this, and hes doing a full redesign.
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

*shrug* i don't mind this - but then again i am a boring person, haha

-Jeff
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote=Leapfrog;486364]Well in all honesty, I dont believe it was Skye who made this.

I believe Jake made this, and hes doing a full redesign.[/quote]

Well you can go chase yourself right up the nearest tree. :( I made this dammit. Jake made the menu at the top right, and I figured out how to put the navigation bar at the top under the header in the middle of my conversation on AIM with him. The vBulletin skinning system isn't intuitive in the least like the one in Invision Power Board so I had to find everything all over again in vB to get the damn navigation bar moved. I'd say 90% of it was my work and polishing up was a lot of help from Jake. I give him full credit for helping make it more polished but I made A TON of it before I even showed him the temporary skin.

I made the blue gradients in Photoshop, granted there is a damn gradient tool built right in that I used. It doesn't take graphics skills to make it. I put the yellow bar there myself with my own CSS coding, and I made the red annoyance that tells users how to reset their password with my own CSS. The only thing in here that is purely 100% Jake's coding is the top right image navigation. But before that I had a row of HTML links enclosed in two brackets to serve as a super temporary took-5-minutes-to-make skin navigation. It's not cool of you to automatically discount somebodies contribution. Especially given you having access to the test site before Jake was ever involved and you seeing this skin there!

Oh, and the breadcrumb links trail. He removed the login bar from the breadcrumb trail. I knew where it was but every time I removed it something broke. So Jake deserves entire credit for that. Because I kept breaking shit when I tried. And Jake, if you read this, thank you for your help. Let's just not fix the same bug simultaneously anymore. :p
HelpingTeens.org:

VittorioCole
Loyal

Post by VittorioCole »

But.. jeff... its.... so fugly! :(

Skye, i'll stop bitching now. Its not so bad to put up with, and you've done alot with the conversion lately, so i think you deserve a break. :)

Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

The new post indication is not working for me. Every thread shows as unread.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Leapfrog;486429']The new post indication is not working for me. Every thread shows as unread.[/quote]

That's because of a server issue where the date flew forward to April 14, 2015.
HelpingTeens.org:

Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

AHHH.

Weird it did something diffrent on every site. All 5 of my sites had an issue, with the date, but it was something diffrent on every site.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

[QUOTE=Skye;486391]Well you can go chase yourself right up the nearest tree. :( I made this dammit. Jake made the menu at the top right, and I figured out how to put the navigation bar at the top under the header in the middle of my conversation on AIM with him. The vBulletin skinning system isn't intuitive in the least like the one in Invision Power Board so I had to find everything all over again in vB to get the damn navigation bar moved. I'd say 90% of it was my work and polishing up was a lot of help from Jake. I give him full credit for helping make it more polished but I made A TON of it before I even showed him the temporary skin.

I made the blue gradients in Photoshop, granted there is a damn gradient tool built right in that I used. It doesn't take graphics skills to make it. I put the yellow bar there myself with my own CSS coding, and I made the red annoyance that tells users how to reset their password with my own CSS. The only thing in here that is purely 100% Jake's coding is the top right image navigation. But before that I had a row of HTML links enclosed in two brackets to serve as a super temporary took-5-minutes-to-make skin navigation. It's not cool of you to automatically discount somebodies contribution. Especially given you having access to the test site before Jake was ever involved and you seeing this skin there!

Oh, and the breadcrumb links trail. He removed the login bar from the breadcrumb trail. I knew where it was but every time I removed it something broke. So Jake deserves entire credit for that. Because I kept breaking shit when I tried. And Jake, if you read this, thank you for your help. Let's just not fix the same bug simultaneously anymore. :p[/QUOTE]

I apologize then. I thought, back before you made the conversion, that Jake had designed a temp skin on the test vb, and you simply imported it onto here. SO that is a misread on my par.
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Leapfrog;486460']I apologize then. I thought, back before you made the conversion, that Jake had designed a temp skin on the test vb, and you simply imported it onto here. SO that is a misread on my par.[/quote]

Meh, whatever. You do that a whole lot, Alicia. ^_^
HelpingTeens.org: