Signs From God? Opinions?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

junglemonkey
Veteran

Signs From God? Opinions?

Post by junglemonkey »

Ok so over the past few months I really lost my faith (I'm Christian). I've just been sick and ill and, it wasn't an anger at God thing, I just didn't have the strength to even care anymore. Back in early 2005 I realised my faith in God through reading the Bible to my school. I was extremely scared about it and was going to bak out, but a couple of days before something told me that God would keep me safe and carry me through it, I didn't care about how nervous I felt anymore. It's weird, but true. I had been thinking I needed something to give me that passion again, to restore what I felt.

So the other night me and my friend get to talking and I find out that she's met this really strong Evangelical Christian. My friend is normally an extremely devout atheist, but even she was beginning to doubt and say that there was something more to what had been happening with me. The Evangelical Christian is one of the types that "hears God" (don't know whether that's true or not tbh) but, she had told my friend that God said she would meet someone that would learn from her?

I was in love with a man for 6 years. Unfortunately circumstance is a bitch lol, he was my teacher and I left school in summer. I can't stress to you how important and special he was to me, and how much of a role he played in my life. Basically, if it was anything to do with him, I would definitely sit up and take notice.

Now I know all these things could be coincidence but in retrospect, I don't know. When I was 15, the school hosted a "What's the Point In Life?" talk. Being atheist at the time, I was interested but not willing to go, so I went down at the end to see what it was all about. And it was in fact my Church taking it. Now, my Church is absolutely tiny, over the other side of the city, holds no influence in the city Church wise, and a minutes walk away from my house. What's weirder is that "the teacher" had arranged it all.

So last week I drive by this Church (about a day before my friend and I got to talking) and my teachers old car (the exact one) is parked right outside. And I'm like, whoa he doesn't even live here. So then I find out he lives about a 5 minute drive from me. Weird, no? So at the same time, my mum and dad (who haven't been to Church in about 30 years!) sit me down and ask me to go back to Church with them. And also, when I went to University, obviously I was struggling through illness and I always felt extremely alone because I never knew anyone else going through anything remotely similar. And then a few people came into my life who had the same problem as I do, and at that time I honestly believed God had sent them into my life to make me feel less alone.

My friend and I talked for hours that night + I don't know what to believe, whether this is more than coincidence. There are a million little stories like that I could tell you but these are the main ones. And at the same time, I randomly put on a sermon by TD Jakes (I have no idea why, I dl'd them and never listened to them) and in it, he said,

"If you're listening on the internet I just want you to know, there is a reason that God has you tuned in tonight, there's a place in God that you will only find when you begin to chase hard after him and pursue him. I would challenge you to move every obstacle and all interference out of your way because God is getting ready to take you to another level that you have never gone through before and there's a reason that you've logged onto the internet tonight, the holy spirit is dealing with you specifically, because over the next few days, as you begin to seek the fath of the Lord, God is gonna turn around some situations in your life that you have been praying about for a long time, a long time"

"Being exposed to Him created an appetite for Him, God did not show himself through the lattice from you to say ok im satisfied I've got enough Christ in my life to take me to heaven, HE SHOWED HIMSELF THROUGH THE LATTICE OF YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE SO THAT YOU WOULD BE INTRIGUED ENOUGH TO GET UP AND SEEK AFTER HIM"

So what do you think? And do you think I should explore it further? How?

Thanks,

Lesley x
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Lena
Veteran

Re: Signs From God? Opinions?

Post by Lena »

I'm not quite sure what to post right now - goodness knows, I've been thinking about posting in reply to this topic for days and still not come up with any decent thoughts about the situation (which is unusual, I'm usually fairly quick with replies). But here I am anyway, lol.

I guess I'm thinking that we can't tell you if you should explore the issue further. You're the only person who can decide. However, the fact that you are pondering enough to ask about this tells me that you probably have some more pondering and possible exploring to do. I don't know exactly how you would go about that, though - I suppose I would talk about it with someone who shares my faith and go from there.

I went through a similar thing with Christianity, but my faith is still turning out stronger because of it. PM me if you want to, I don't mind. :)

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
sweethelp
Veteran

Post by sweethelp »

i agree with lena on this one. its obvious that this means a lot to you and i really believe you should explore it further. God works in strange ways. this all may be signs i think you should explore it further and if you decide that all of this is not what you want and not for you then you can back out.

~~Kimmy~~
She's so big hearted

but not so remarkable

just an ordinary humble girl

expecting nothing as we may

to think it's a pretty person's worth

you are beautiful

and you'd better go show it

so go and look again

you gotta be true only if you really wanna go to the top and you really wanna win

don't believe in living normal

just to satisfy demand

Well, if you wanna get free

and if wanna get smart by the sake of your heart

you should own your lame and stand up tall

:)
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

seeing as how this happened a year ago, any updates?
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?