They Think Im Going To Hell...

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

KermitKnowsIloveHim
Loyal

They Think Im Going To Hell...

Post by KermitKnowsIloveHim »

According to some of my faimily Im going to Hell... This really disturbs me because Im a very spiritual person, just in a different way than a lot of my faimly. My cousin thinks I have yet to be "saved", and my uncle just keeps trying to "save" me. I know they think their doing what is right, but I want to be left alone. Its my life I can beileve what I want!

Im Partialy Vegan (I eat organic dairy) for my own reasons, but whenever I go over to their house they go on and on about how their God put animals on this earth for us to eat. I respect them eating meat, why cant they respect that I dont? I respect their beliefs, why can't they respect mine?

Im a good person, I dont do much wrong, I just dont have complete faith in what they believe. Why is this so bad? Im not asking for them to understand me, I just want some respect.

Lately I just pretend like I believe what they believe around them so I dont have to sit through their comments. I love my faimly, but this is unfair. :'(
<span style='font-family:Geneva'"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday" ~Winnie The Pooh

The most dire disaster in love is the death of the imagination -G. Meredith

What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies -Aristotle
imsoevil
Loyal

Re: They Think Im Going To Hell...

Post by imsoevil »

Well have you tried to talk to them about it? I mean I think that is wrong for them not to respect you. You aren't doing anything wrong by living your life the way you want to. Not eating meat isn't going to send you to hell. I don't think you should have to pretend to believe what they belive just to get them to leave u alone. You need to stand strong for what u believe and just talk to them about it. Hope you get some respect from them soon! GOOD LUCK!
"Don't hate me because I wasn't who you thought I was , or who you wanted me to be. From the beginning , you never knew who I was."
KermitKnowsIloveHim
Loyal

Ive tried tlking to my cousin, and she just kinda looked at me like I was the devil or something... We were tlking about Noahs Arc, and I said somthing about how the whole world being covered in water seemed a little unreal. I said it kindly but she stared at me and went off about how God did it to help us, and about how its in the bible so I should know its true. And about how people who question the bible go to Hell... :'( I love her to death though. When we were little we were really close, we dont really tlk much anymore though... :'(
<span style='font-family:Geneva'"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday" ~Winnie The Pooh

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

my friend,

This may sound mean but, christians who try to force their faith on others are hypocritical in my view. We are not taught that if you are not christian you are going to hell, we are called to accept each other as we are and love each other. not try to make everyone the same and be disrespectful to those who have beliefs that contradict our own.

Make your own decision and believe what you want to believe, Your Faith is all that matters.

Another thing, as a christian, I was taught that most of the bible isn't meant to be taken literally rather is usaully a parable to teach us a moral.

-I am a christian and I know there is a GOD, but I do not agree with most organized religion anymore, so I know what you are going through and my advice is given from that prospective.

-GOD BLESS

-FiZz :unsure:
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Noone wants to go to Hell, but noone on earth can tell you whether or not you'll go to Heaven. That is a personal belief you can determine between yourself and God. You don't have to be Christian to go to Heaven. Some beliefs tell Christians that you will go to Hell if you're not saved, if you're not Catholic, if you do this, if you don't do that. Some beliefs say that if you haven't been saved, but you've been taught the word of God, you will go to Hell, yet if you haven't had the chance to be saved you will go to Heaven. Beliefs are so conflicted these days, all you can do is hold onto your beliefs and have faith in yourself and in the security of your own feelings and morals. Be a good person [which you are], and your fate will be determined according to that not what other's on earth believe. I know that they're your family, so they will always affect you, but don't hide who you are just to fit in with their narrow views. Explain to your cousin about UU and what it is and the values behind the religion, not just your personal views on the christian Bible. Explain to her about being open-minded and valuing all people. Spirituality is a very personal thing, and it's wrong of them to push their beliefs on you. Tell your parents that htey make you feel uncomfortable, so maybe they can help you out. It's not cool to be uncomfortable in the people [family] who are supposed to provide you comfort and security. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

hell would be a welcome change from this world anyway.

the tale of noah's arc is a TALE, its a STORY and it never happened. just like adam and eve. christians kinda shoot themselves in the foot with that one though.. because then they'd have to believe in evolution when they admit the creationist ideas aren't the correct ones.
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Lets stay on topic,

But in reply fruitloop:

noah's ark and the story of adam and eve are both Parables to convey a msg to human minds about reasoning for life and how to live your life. They are not really to be taken to the letter and are again Parables. This does not mean that we have to accept evolutionism, however even if we did, Athiest agree that GOD could have created earth according to the bible because the first thing GOD did was "let there be light", and evolution had to start with light, as is scientifically proven.

KermitKnowsIloveHim,

If you live your life a good person and are true to yourself, if you are christian or not will not determine if you are going to heaven or hell, or rather if you believe in heaven or hell in the first place.

-GOD BLESS

-FiZz :wacko:
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

replied, then changed my mind. ignore this.
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

Tell them how you feel!

I am also a vegetarian and sometimes my family dosent completely accept that in a mannerful way. I just told them and talked them about it and things cleared up a little bit about my beleifs. Because I love animals dearly and your family should not make fun of you or harras you about it tell them that they need to learn to accept the fact and stop picking on you. I dont think that you will go to hell for this :)

~Sky~
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
KermitKnowsIloveHim
Loyal

thanks... I believe that being a good person dictates where I go as well... Next time they bring it up, I'll try and get them to just be open to what I believe, or at least respect it. But if they cant do that, maybe for them not to comment on it...

Its not just the vegitarian thing, that was just an example... Although ill try to get them to understand that to... Im differnt than them, they just dun understand...

thnks for the advice everyone!

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Originally posted by KermitKnowsIloveHim@Mar 5 2003, 12:56 PM

thanks... I believe that being a good person dictates where I go as well... Next time they bring it up, I'll try and get them to just be open to what I believe, or at least respect it. But if they cant do that, maybe for them not to comment on it...

Its not just the vegitarian thing, that was just an example... Although ill try to get them to understand that to... Im differnt than them, they just dun understand...

thnks for the advice everyone!
Hi KermitKnowsIloveHim!! :)

I believe in God and Jesus. I believe that Jesus was [and is] the Son of God. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for all of our 'sins' and I believe what it says in John 3:16 [a Biblical verse] "Whosoever believeth in the Son of God shall have everlasting LIFE"

What I do NOT believe is that AS a 'believer' I have some special 'right' to make NON-believers feel bad about themselves. In fact - it is my job AS a 'believer' to impress upon others [by how I LIVE MY LIFE and by how I TREAT MY FELLOW 'MAN'] that God really IS [as the Bible says] ...... LOVE.

A 'Christian' has no special 'right' to guilt-trip people or to 'shame' them into believing. That's not how it's supposed to be done. A person should be able to SEE the love of God everytime they SEE a 'Christian'. Telling a person that they are 'going to hell' is hardly what I'd call a 'Godly' thing to do. A 'Christian' is commanded by God NOT to judge others. ['lest ye be judged'] He is also commanded to NOT 'cast the first stone'. ['let he who is without sin cast the first stone']

I can appreciate WHY your family would want you to be 'saved' - but they are going at it the wrong way. In fact - what they are saying and doing is pushing you even further away from 'believing'. [and I can't believe that God would want anyone to do THAT]

God wants us to accept His gift of forgiveness. And we can GET that 'gift' by believing that Jesus died for our 'sins'. [this is what I believe] However.... although I beleive that there IS only one way to God [and that is through Jesus] I also believe that there are as many WAYS to Jesus as their are people. In other words - MY relationship with God and Jesus does NOT have to be like someone ELSE's 'relationship'. God didn't create you or me to BE just like someone else. You don't have to be like someone in your family in order to be pleasing to God. In fact - if you were just like someone in your family [or anyone else - for that matter] what would be the point?? God created you to BE you. He didn't create YOU to be ME or to be like someone in your family.

"It's not what a man puts in his mouth that defiles him - but what comes out" [another Biblical verse] What that means is that it's NOT what you EAT [or don't eat] that effects your relationship with God - it's what you SAY. As far as I am concerned - perhaps some of the members of your family [including your cousin and uncle - of course] should be careful. What they are SAYING [to you] just might not be very pleasing to God. God loves YOU just as much as He loves THEM. Wouldn't you be upset if someone you loved is causing some other person you love to be distant from you?? [if that makes sense]

Your relationship with God is YOUR relationship. It is no one's business.

Take care of yourself,

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
KermitKnowsIloveHim
Loyal

Wow, I had to read it a few times, but yes, it does make sense. A lot of sense actually. Thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better, because maybe if one strong Christian can believe that not full faith does not equal enternal suffering, other strong Christians can to, including maybe my Faimily.

However.... although I beleive that there IS only one way to God [and that is through Jesus] I also believe that there are as many WAYS to Jesus as their are people.

I love that too. I mean, I definatly consider myself spiritual, Im just not sure where exactly my beliefs lie. And maybe, I see the same thing as you and my faimly, just in a different form... Maybe everybody sees the same things... we just all interpuret it differntly.... I dunno, just thinking out loud...

Thank you though... I still have to tlk to them... but I feel better now...

nbbetts

Post by nbbetts »

No matter what one believes about the Bible's stories, one must believe in Jesus Christ to go to Heaven. The Bible says in John 14:6:

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."That seems plain and simple enough.Believe in Jesus Christ and you will go to heaven. He is the only way! All religions don't lead to Heaven. There is only one, Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God. To start exploring the Bible read the book of John first.