I Just Found Out I'm Pregnant!

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

kirsi

I Just Found Out I'm Pregnant!

Post by kirsi »

A few weeks ago my boyfriend (of 1 year) and I had sex (it wasn't our first time but we are still very new to it). We noticed afterwards that the condom broke and it was leaking. So 3 stressful weeks later my period is a week late, I take a pregnancy test and sure enough it says I'm pregnant! I am turning 15 in a couple of weeks and I am in grade 10. My boyfriend is 17 and in grade 12. I have been worrying the whole time that I might be pregnant and I haven't told anyone yet not even my boyfriend. He has told me just recently that if I am pregnant he won't leave me and I'm really hoping that when I tell him that he will still say the same thing. I have no idea how I'm going to tell my parents. I know for sure that they will be so disappointed in me and I really can't blame them. My dad I know for sure will be quite mad. I am definitely not getting an abortion because would just feel way to awful afterwards and I know it. If I have this kid I won't want to give it up for adoption it would be too sad. I really love kids a lot and so I just couldn't give away my own child. I realllly want to keep this baby and I have no idea what my boyfriend or my parents will say about that but after thinking about it all day long I have made up my mind. I have a part time job working 3 days a week at a bookstore and my boyfriend also has a part time job working 3 or 4 days a week. Between the two of us it would be hard be we could manage if we had too. Of course if I don't get support from my boyfriend and parents in keeping the baby then I will do the smart thing and go for adoption because I know I can't do it on my own but I am really hoping for the support. I am going to tell my boyfriend about this now after typing this and tomorrow I will tell my parents and hopefully it will all go well. If anyone has any suggestions on how to tell them or on anything at all that could be helpful please feel free to comment because I could use all the help I can get! Thanks.
kirsi

Re: I Just Found Out I'm Pregnant!

Post by kirsi »

Okay here's an update: I just called my boyfriend and told him and he was completely shocked. He didn't really believe that I was pregnant and I think he had been very much hoping I wasn't and not wanting to believe that it was actually possible. I asked him what he thought and he said well do I want to get an abortion and I told him absolutely not and he wasn't too surprised but when he asked me what thought I told him and he was silent for a while.Then I asked him if he would leave me if I kept it and he said of course he wouldn't and he seemed offended that I thought that. He want's to talk to me about it some more tomorrow but it seems like I am going to keep the kid and that so far I at least have my boyfriends support.
Nothavehou1938

Re: I Just Found Out I'm Pregnant!

Post by Nothavehou1938 »

You should talk to your parents soon.