Nice friend gone rotten?

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Lilac525

Nice friend gone rotten?

Post by Lilac525 »

I made a (clean, although slightly corny) joke online to a friend and she responded by saying in an e-mail, "Wow, I don't think that's funny...it's gay and cheesy". Now this is a girl who is usually super sweet...Maybe I'm over reacting but I just thought it was weird that she would take a JOKE so seriously...I replied nicely that I agreed it was a little corny and went the extra mile by asking how she was doing.

Anyone have any thoughts on this "situation"? What's the proper ettiquite in a situation like this?
Lena
Veteran

Re: Nice friend gone rotten?

Post by Lena »

Hmm, maybe she was just in a bad mood that day? I honestly wouldn't read so much into it - it sounds like its a one-off (from what you've said).

I think the etiquette in this situation is really just to do what you're already doing - if its a one-off, don't read too much into it, don't make it into a big deal and just move on. If you're really bothered about it, tell her how it made you feel or ask her about it, but if its a one-off occurrence I wouldn't make it into an issue.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
faith
Veteran

Re: Nice friend gone rotten?

Post by faith »

hi lilac525,

wow. i dont know. im not the best in 'real' social situations. i dont know.

-faith
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea