idk if im venting or what.

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

popsicle
Loyal

idk if im venting or what.

Post by popsicle »

im pissed off and sobbing at the same time.

im not gonna get a job again because ive never had a job so they dont want me. even to im really good friends with some ppl who work there. my friend told me to come in and just ask about my application but theyve already told her they dont want me. shes like, you have to go in and check on apps so they know u want it. but she doesnt get that they dont care that i want it when i have no prior expereince they already dont want me. idk if im gonna go in or not. usually i get right off the bat from managers that their looking for experience.

im fucking screwed basically forever.

places that want to give experience want to give it to like high school kids and im too old for them. and everywhere else wants experience.

im fucked and im really upset about it.

ive been trying to get a job since i was 17. im 23. what the hell? why doesnt anybody want me? what the hell?

i have no idea what im supposed to do.
advice: if you find a town that looks deserted, it's probably for a good reason. take the hint and stay away.

advice: when it appears that you ahve killed the monster, never check to see if it's really dead.

advice: never say, "who's there?" it's a death wish.

Lena
Veteran

Re: idk if im venting or what.

Post by Lena »

Try job agencies - whether online or in your local area. I signed up with an agency, got a job in less than two weeks,and I've been at this job for 6 months. Also try widening your search area and the market you're aiming for. Don't aim for just retail - try clerical work as well, etc. Once you're on the employment ladder, even if you hate the job, its a big step on the way to finding a job you DO like because you'll have the experience of working in paid employment and thats what employers seem to like.

Take care, L
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.
Fridanacity

Post by Fridanacity »

I kind of understand what you are going through with the job problems. I've had to work for my mom since I was 12[I'm now almost 19] at a daycare center, and to most, if not all, employers, that doesn't count as "real" work experience[8 hours of work a day taking care of 5 infants is real work to me!!].

It's very frustrating applying for jobs and not getting them because you don't have what they call "work experience." I always wonder "how am I supposed to get work experience if I can't find a job in the first place?!"

I have been trying these methods lately, and I figure I'll share them since you seem to be having similar trouble:

I noticed I've been gettign a lot closer to having a job when I go and talk to them in person[like the manager or anyone at customer service by asking "I'm just checking up on my application, was it received/read yet?"] I also find being overly polite and outgoing to be useful[giving hard handshakes, direct eye contact, strong confidence when applying in person]. Don't feel intimidated by the fact that you lack "experience"; counter that response by telling them "I might lack experience in retail/whatever field, but I am a very hard worker and enthusiastic learner," and maybe give an example of your persistence in school or elsewhere.

Those are just a few things I would consider trying if I was you[or keep trying if you've already used these techniques]. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you want to vent or anything.

-Stephanie
popsicle
Loyal

Post by popsicle »

i have an interview at the place that didnt want me. really youd think id be excited but i have a really strong feeling its one of those interviews where they already know they dont want you but they interview you anyway. ive had a couple of those. i dont really know how i feel about any of it.
advice: if you find a town that looks deserted, it's probably for a good reason. take the hint and stay away.

advice: when it appears that you ahve killed the monster, never check to see if it's really dead.

Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

Why do people take the time to interview you if they already don't want you? It seems odd that someone would do that. In the short time that I was helping manage the place I used to work for, anytime I did an interview I was pretty positive that I was going to hire the person. I didn't have time to waste interviewing people I was not interested in hiring.

Anyways, I suggest you try a job agency. They can be quite helpful. Also, when you go in to get an application try to go at a time that's not too late, when a manager is more likely to be there. I was always more likely to hire someone who took the time to talk to me when picking up/dropping off an application. It showed that they were really interested and helped me get a feel for the person, more than just what you read on an application. So.. eh.. Just my thoughts

Danica
popsicle
Loyal

Post by popsicle »

i appreciate your thoughts but ive come to learn that it doesnt matter how interested i am. when they see i have no experience, they dont want me.

im not whineing abou it at this point. its how it is and theres no a lot i can do about it. i assume itll change eventually, but you can understand why i sucks so hard right now.

popsicle
Loyal

Post by popsicle »

i just thought id let you know the interview went horrable. i dont want to get knee deep in the whys just accept it was shitty.

idk why i expected different. the fact that my friends work there and they convinced them to interview, is going to do nothing for them considering to hire me.

they are going to pick someone more qualified. because thats just what happens.

dont tell me to think posative please. dont say anything about how maybe it went better than i think or youll get em next time or any of that crap. please.